1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

V30 and Night Train?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by gitargris, May 17, 2011.

1. gitargris

gitargris Member

Hi,
    First of all, I appoligise if this has been covered before, but I was hoping someone could help me.

I've been thinking about getting a better cab for my Night Train. At the moment I have the matching Vox cabinet, but I feel the amp is better than the cabinet. I have the opportunity of trying out a vented 1x12 cabinet with a V30 in it. (sorry, I can't remember the brand name)

My question is, will the V30 go well with my Night Train, or are there better combinations? I've heard good things about Weber Blue Dogs and other speakers, but I haven't been able to try out very many.

Hope someone can enlighten me. Thanks in advance!

Cheers!

2. Axe-Man

Axe-Man Member

When I had my NT, it worked great through my 1x12 CB with a V30 and my Orange 212 CB with v30s. Was loud through the Orange and had much more bottom end. I really liked this setup.