v4 OCD, told ya

HBob

It's a typo! A typo damn you! ( Grabs OCD v.3 pedal and begins sobbing uncontrollably )

theraygun

It may just be cosmetic, if you look at the picture on the OCD page, there's arrows around the knobs now. Hopefully.

mr.mattphisto

It also looks like the screws on the side of the casing are now thumbscrews.
Aye Carumba! :jo

That is odd.....take make it easier to replace batteries?

Does the OCD sound better on batteries? (NOS batteries ftw!?!)

Why even have thumbscrews? I guess it is different than the standard housing everyone is using.

Pedal probably sounds amazing...aside from random housing issues..Fulltone pedals are amazing.

fr8_trane

Silver Supporting Member
From the horses mouth:
OCD versions.. the straight poop: OCD's are now version4, have been for a few months, anything serial # 16,061 and higher IS THE NEWEST VERSION regardless of cosmetics, screws, or LED color. There are no mods or instructions to mod offered at this time or anytime soon.

Course he's been messing with the circuit since #14xxx (august) judging by some of the pics posted here.

fr8_trane

Silver Supporting Member
Nah, that pedal wasn't all the way there yet - it needed some more mods IMO. V3 STILL had too much bass, not enough midrange, didn't sound good above noon on the gain knob and was a bit raspy.

It looks like the new mods address most of these issues.

I wonder if he finally made unity gain a little higher up on the volume knob instead of 8:30? That would be nice.

sandman

From the horses mouth:
OCD versions.. the straight poop: OCD's are now version4, have been for a few months, anything serial # 16,061 and higher IS THE NEWEST VERSION regardless of cosmetics, screws, or LED color. There are no mods or instructions to mod offered at this time or anytime soon.

Course he's been messing with the circuit since #14xxx (august) judging by some of the pics posted here.

Maybe they could've fixt issues with buffered stuff before or after it...but I guess that's the nature of the circuit.

I thought V3 sounded really good into a Blues Jr. when I tried one in the store...extra bass people seem to dislike worked great with that amp.

Glad I didn't get one cause I'd be wondering if I'm missing something...plus, I don't like the look of the new ones - if that counts.

therhodeo

Thats about right. I wonder how many dummies have bought all 4 versions because Fuller has them convinced each one is better.

I'm gonna start building pedals. The first one I'll put out with have 4 problems. After I sell 1000 of them I'll fix one problem and sell them as V.2. Then I'll fix the second problem and sell them as V.3........................

Paul Parrish

Thats about right. I wonder how many dummies have bought all 4 versions because Fuller has them convinced each one is better.

I'm gonna start building pedals. The first one I'll put out with have 4 problems. After I sell 1000 of them I'll fix one problem and sell them as V.2. Then I'll fix the second problem and sell them as V.3........................

Or, Fulltone could do what most other builders do and just name every single version a different pedal;)
I prefer the honesty myself.

Paul

FuzzOff

If they didn't fixe the issue with placing pedals after the OCD, I'm not interested. Great tones, one very big drawback.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom