1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Vab Sykes Jam.

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by Rid, Dec 19, 2005.

1. Rid

Rid Senior Member

Using my Wolfgang, made a hybrid for the bridge pickup, a DiMarzio super D and the slug coil from a Duncan 59B, used an A5 magnet, the neck is my trusted APH-2 humbucker.
    Amp is my Marshall DRP-1 slightly modded, compressor, two faze phaser, plexitone, modified Delayla xl with a loop in the feedback, stuck an eq in there for a slightly darker and fatter feedback, as the unit is modded with more volume and clarity.
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=139983&songID=3228261
    Anbd here is the backtrack, thanks to Randy Van Sykes for it.
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=139693&songID=3228265

2. journo

journo Member

Hi Niels,

You really have nailed a fat and sumptous sound that doesn't sound fake at all in spite of recording direct.

I do like this more lyrical side of your playing.
    I will listen to this one may times.

Cheers,

Mats N

PS. Any chance of getting my hands on the BT?

3. Rid

Rid Senior Member

Hi Journo, thanks for the kind words, I like to play that way that is no secret hehe, and the backer is the last link;)
    Did you get my message about the modding by the way??
    Niels

4. journo

journo Member

Hi Niels,

Yes, thank you. I got the modding message.
    I almost bought a DRP-1 last thursday but another guy managed to get ahead of me. So I will keep looking and hoping.

Cheers,

Mats N

5. marinblues

marinblues Member

Man, that Plexitone/Delayla combo is a killer!!! Some hot tones and playing there!

Thanks for the backing. ;)

6. hasserl

hasserl Member

Nice job, I recorded a version of this some time ago. Randy is a cool guy, and a good player. He posted this clip over on the Carvin.com bbs and a bunch of guys each recorded their own take on it.

Here's a link to my version: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=405914&songID=2868025

I had just completed some mods done to a Carvin Valvemaster amp. I just used my workhorse Ibanez AR250 that I keep out in the shop next to the bench. The amp was plugged into a 1 x 12 cab w/ an Eminence Tonker. I was quite pleased with it. In fact I liked the amp so much I bought one for myself when I came across a used one for sale. I'm just now finishing up the mods to that one.

7. tambokgt

tambokgt Member

hey hasserl !!! funny seeing you post here...hasserl is a amp tube guru in Carvin's forum ...just to let you guys know...

very good guitar work....nice chops man.

8. Rid

Rid Senior Member

Sorry totally forgot this one...nice feeds very crisp tone for sure:)