Value Check - Old Fulldrive 2 Custom

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by ARch, Feb 8, 2012.

1. ARch

ARch Member

I have this 2005 Fulldrive 2 Custom/Cream and I've had people make various offers off the cuff for it but I don't really know what it's worth. Closed sales/auctions have been very difficult to find. Does anyone have an idea?

Also, does anyone know what the squiggle next to the board means? It's not an alien head, obviously. I emailed Fulltone but haven't heard back (and don't really expect to).

The black knobs are stock, and I haven't seen another one like that.

[​IMG]

I cut and pasted the back label onto this shot:
    [​IMG]

2. Frosted Glass

Frosted Glass Member

Hard to say. Pre MOSFETs blues seem to be going for between $110 to $140, but the custom colour might give it more value. There's a completed listing for a white custom shop model for $175. I'd have though $150 was a fair price.

3. ARch

ARch Member

I'm really curious about the black knobs b/c I've never seen one like it - obviously not a big deal but it makes me wonder. The only person who I think could tell me is Mr. Fuller, but I already covered that bit.

4. Frosted Glass

Frosted Glass Member

Makes you wonder what exactly? If its worth more? if it's unique? if the knobs are original?

5. drbob1

drbob1 Silver Supporting Member

I think Mike is thoroughly sick of answering questions about the color of people's Fulldrives. I don't think you're likely to hear back from him. In the end the circuit is the same, so if someone loves the look they'll pay more, if they don't they won't. I think the above numbers, $140-175 seem to cover it pretty well...

6. ARch

ARch Member

@Frosted: just why they're different. I find it hard to believe he didn't bulk order the white knobs and just had 4 black sitting around. Maybe it's a mundane reason, but you don't know unless you ask.

@drbob: I know he is, but it would be nice if he could publish the information once and for all (similar to what Analogman has done with the KoT versions). Seems like that would solve both problems.

Just for clarification, value is what I'm asking TGP, I didn't ask Mike about that - just the squiggle & knobs.

Thanks for the info to both of you!

7. Frosted Glass

Frosted Glass Member

Well, it's likely the blue standard version with black knobs was being made side-by-side with the custom colour units and the builder/assembler tried black on the cream unit for a kickoff. I'm sure there's no more mystery in it than that.

8. JeffOlson

JeffOlson Member

Well, it looks great, whatever it is!

9. ruger9

ruger9 Supporting Member

pre-mosfet FD2: BEST FULLDRIVE EVER. I have a custom shop fiesta red one I'll NEVER sell.

10. guitarz1972

guitarz1972 Member

FWIW If I didn't already have a FD2 I'd be interested in the OP's. I dig the color scheme.

11. Twanger

Twanger Member

My '02 Flat Mids FD2 with the push/pull comp-cut is still my #1 low to mid gain overdrive, love it!

12. this1smyne

this1smyne Member

i've seen the customs go for just a fraction more than the normal FD2's go for.... so i'd agree with the 150 range. i've got #13 of the cream run (2001 i think) and its an incredible overdrive. for the price they demand i think its worth more just to hold onto it.

13. markxander

markxander Member

I've seen people ask for more, but I've never considered spending more than $160 on a custom colour Fulldrive. I've bought custom and anniversary ones in the past for $120ish.

This is actually the first time in a long time I haven't had any fulldrives in my possession--a Green Rhino knocked it off of my board, and I sold my last one to pay for Christmas stuff.

I hadn't thought about it until now, but it would be cool to get another. I'm a huge fan of the orange ones that come up sometimes

14. this1smyne

this1smyne Member

the orange ones i'd say are quite a bit more rare.... they usually pull in the 200-225 range

15. ARch

ARch Member

That's the funny thing - most of the white/cream ones DID have white knobs!

16. guitarz1972

guitarz1972 Member

Nice early serial! :bow