Value Gibson les Paul Deluxe with P90 1971

Strat58

Hi i can buy one for 2175 EUR the neck was once broken and the pick up's have been replaced by P90 pick ups. It has a sandwich body and it's cherry one looks real nice.
For the rest it's original so what do you think is it a good price ?
Peace Strat58

MichiganEsquire

Silver Supporting Member
Hi i can buy one for 2175 EUR the neck was once broken and the pick up's have been replaced by P90 pick ups. It has a sandwich body and it's cherry one looks real nice.
For the rest it's original so what do you think is it a good price ?
Peace Strat58

Not sure how different prices are in Europe, but in the U.S. that's roughly (perhaps a bit lower than) the going rate for a guitar without any sort of breaks - so I would price accordingly. If they switched the minis for P90s, I don't think there would be any need for additional routing but you might want to check with the seller to make sure.

Strat58

Hi okay going to try this Tuesday maybe thinking about routing for full size humbuckers if the guitar speaks to me. Well maybe P90 is for me enough to get that gritty blues sound.
Peace Strat58

GrungeMan

Hi okay going to try this Tuesday maybe thinking about routing for full size humbuckers if the guitar speaks to me. Well maybe P90 is for me enough to get that gritty blues sound.
Peace Strat58
If the guitar speaks to you with P90's why put full size humbuckers in, it may lose it's voice???

Jayyj

Silver Supporting Member
The price sounds about right to me. EU prices tend to be higher than the US anyway but they also include a hefty sales tax so they always look very high when compared to US.

Routing for full size humbuckers seems to account for about a third off the value of an unmolested example when it comes to Deluxes. There's a ton of converted Deluxes out there so if that's what you want it makes far more sense to buy one already routed and get it for cheap than to by an unrouted example and immediately wipe a bunch off the value yourself.

There are also loads of options nowadays for P90/mini hum sized humbuckers out there that don't sound like vintage minis so really there's no reason to rout an unmolested Deluxe if you don't like the ones it comes with. The Creamery in the UK make loads of different humbuckers that fit in the case of a P90: http://www.creamery-pickups.co.uk/shop/custom-handwound-vintage-and-modern-p90-pickups.html

Trending Topics

Top Bottom