Value of 64 Gibson Hummingbird

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by halorealm7, Feb 27, 2009.

1. halorealm7

halorealm7 Member

Dead mint clean and beautiful guitar with hsc. A friend is looking to sell it but it has an inlay with his name on it. What's the value and how hard to fix the inlay. The inlay has been placed on the last fret toward the body.

Edit: This is the wrong place. If someone would, please move it to the proper place. Thanks

Last edited: Feb 27, 2009
  2. LocustXReign

LocustXReign Member

The one I played recently was in as perfect a shape as I've ever seen one, and I believe it was marked at 4500, however that was a consignment and the price was named by a private seller.

-DB

3. halorealm7

halorealm7 Member

Thanks Locust.

Keep em coming...somebody tell me what you know about these.

4. KennyM

KennyM Supporting Member

$3500 to $4500 dpending how it sounds and plays. That name inlay may make it a hard sell unless he's Elvis or something.

5. halorealm7

halorealm7 Member

I went and looked at it today. The inlay will need to be replaced so figuring high on that, I think we are talking about a $3000 guitar. She does have some checking on the body and some play wear. To be honest its not as clean as I was led to believe but still a very nice example to be 40+ years old. I would rate it a 7 to 7.5 out of 10. All original and plays excellent. So an asking price of 3k wouldn't be too much?

6. TooManyHobbies

TooManyHobbies Member

What's the finish? Sunburst or is it a natural?

7. halorealm7

halorealm7 Member

It is a burst and the check of the serial says its a 65 model. I am assuming that since the 60-64's are the rarest, that will knock a few coins off too.