Value of a 1984 Kramer Baretta?

Neer

Silver Supporting Member
A friend asked me to help him sell some of his gear, and one guitar is a 1984 Kramer Baretta, something which I know nothing about. The guitar is black and is an original USA made guitar in very good condition (8 of 10). One zebra pickup, non original case. Anyone have an idea of what the market price is for this? If you care to respond privately, my email is mike@mikeneer.com
Thanks

gdcx

Gold Supporting Member
Lark Street Music has one for sale - not sure the year - but is an American Made one and the sale price is $600.

Picture is on the website.

Greg

joolzriff

banana headstock??(hockey headstock) that makes all the difference in price,if its apointy headstock model probaly not too much

treeofpain

Gold Supporting Member
A friend just bought a pointy head USA Baretta in black at a guitar show for $275. The bananas are worth a bit more. $600 seems like high retail. Kramers are cool guitars, and you'd think they would command more respect.

gdcx

Gold Supporting Member
ok ... I just checked the Lark Street website and can't find it so it may have sold.

I was there last week and it was there - it was white with the pointy headstock.

The asking price was $600.

Give Buzz a call - he will tell you what it actually sold for...if it did sell.

mprvise

WOW - I had one, same year and same color, but traded it for my 335 (which I still have) in 1986. At that time the dealer gave me full retail for it because he thought it would be worth something. So glad I made that trade!

blood5150

Lark Street Music has one for sale - not sure the year - but is an American Made one and the sale price is $600.

Picture is on the website.

Greg

and I feel that guy (lark street) tends to overprice stuff... so Im gonna say $500.00

carbz

Silver Supporting Member
If it has the holy grail hockey headstock which is different then the banana headstock it could be worth quite a bit. I have only seen a few with that headstock as very few are in exsistance and all have been cream colored. Most have the banana headstock. If his has the banana then probably somewhere in between $500 and $700 depending on condition.

Neer

Silver Supporting Member
I'd rate it a 7.5 of 10. A few dings, some play wear, a small gash on the neck.

kramer1.jpg

kramer2.jpg

kramer3.jpg

kramer4.jpg

kramer5.jpg

kramer6.jpg

EADGBE

post a pic and let the kramer nerds take over
That's a nice guitar! Nothing nerdy about it. Satriani used one on Surfing with the alien. George Lynch, Nancy Wilson, and many others have used them as well. They're made for virtuoso rock music.

Crunchyriff

I had one identical to that one that I bought new. Spot-on. Those are one of the good ones. For all I know that one might have been mine. I don't think I have a S/N listing of it anywhere anymore... I say it could have been mine at one time, because you don't see many like that one, esp with a rosewood FB and black color.

walterw

Platinum Supporting Member
i've heard that most of the first generation barettas had a problem with the headstock de-laminating at the scarf joint, which is why you usually find them with replacement necks. the one in these pictures appears to be a one-piece neck, however.

Neer

Silver Supporting Member
Thanks for all the advice. It is a nice guitar for what it is. Really not anything I'm even remotely familiar with, but many of my students in the 80s played these guitars and this one is currently owned by an ex-student/friend who had a bout of nostalgia a few years ago and had to have it.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom