Valvetech Hayseed 2011 mod: YES!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by readymade, May 22, 2011.

1. readymade

readymade Supporting Member

Just wanted to articulate just how great the new Hayseed mod is. I got my new amp from Rob a couple of weeks ago and through a pair of Celestion Blues the thing sounds utterly fantastic. This is my third Hayseed; while I really liked the older versions of the amp (with and without the Alwood mod), they never quite nailed the sound of AC30s that I've owned/played. The 2011 mod, however, gets it right--that sponginess and mid-range that had maybe slightly eluded earlier Hayseed models is perfectly present here. There's still a wider frequency range available, but it's quite easy to dial in that prototypical Vox sound. And, as with all versions of the Hayseed, the master volume is wonderful.

2. tele_jas

tele_jas Member

I was skeptical of installing the 2011 mod, but after doing so - it has really opened up the Hayseed. Its still sounds like a Hayseed, just more of it and fuller.

3. readymade

readymade Supporting Member

I think that the 2011 amounts to a change in feel more so than sound, if that makes sense. My past Hayseeds always felt a bit stiff; this one, not so much. Seems to like pedals a bit more, too, but I could be inventing that.

4. AshlandBump

AshlandBump Silver Supporting Member

The country I come from is called the Midwest.
    Readymade - just curious, what's your setting for the prototypical Vox sound? Mine's on order.

5. GuitarBrent

GuitarBrent Member

What's involved in the mod?

6. GuitarBrent

GuitarBrent Member

Also, how do I know if my amp has the mod? If you had an amp tech install it, how much did that cost?