1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Valvetech Higher Gain

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by iluvstrats, Aug 16, 2005.

1. iluvstrats

iluvstrats Member

2. t0neg0d

t0neg0d Member

Very cool stuff!! Very Eric Johnsonie... diggin' the playing! Post more...

3. Kinkirsi

Kinkirsi Member

Thanks for the clip,nice playing and tone.Being from Georgia,have you heard of Jimmy Herring? I was wondering if the Valvetech can sound simmilar to some of his tones? Thanks.

4. Myron Stratis

Myron Stratis Member

Amazing! You always have that natural-groove thing, your phrasing is unbelievable and the tones are awesome!

5. iluvstrats

iluvstrats Member

I haven't heard that much of Jimm Herring's playing. I think he uses a marshall. This amp is extremely versatile in that you can get really nice cleans, crunch, and high gain tones so my guess is that a Jimmy Herring tone is in there somewhere.

People tell me I sound like pickled herring.

6. KLB

KLB Member

Nice clip, Joe.

You sound more like a Smorgasboard... complete with pickled Herring!