Valvetech Users?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by pbone, May 26, 2008.

1. pbone

pbone Member

I got on the waiting list for the 50W 212 w/ reverb and effects loop last month. Just wanted to ask if anyone knows how good the effects loop is.

2. CharlieX

CharlieX Member

HI..have u gotten the VAC yet? I am also looking at the 50w version w/ 212. I played one at the amp show in may...it was my fav amp of the show. i play 7 string jazz..but this thing did it all.

I would love to know ur thoughts...and if u dont like it, maybe u would sell it?
    charliex.com

3. teefus

teefus Silver Supporting Member

i have a vac50 head. the fx loop is great. it is not for pedals though. line level fx only. i think rob makes them standard with a blend control. btw, rob's amps are top notch and well worth the wait.

4. Gasp100

Gasp100 Silver Supporting Member

I bought a used VAC25 off of evil bay a few weeks ago for a good deal. The amp was in really good condition for it's age (2/2000) and I contacted Rob. He told me that it sold new in 2000 for less than I paid, but I sent the chassis to him and it's now up to 2008 specs and sounds amazing... really, really rich and full. The Channel 1 side is buttery smooth Fender, the Channel 2 is Voxy clean into breakup. I usually play it on the Channel 2 side with the gain boost on, but pretty low and I use the volume knob -- so many great tones out of this thing. So, when I do the calculations I have a VAC25 2008 model with a great broken in 1x12 mojotone alnico for a really, really good deal. I'm happy!
    :BEER
    Now, one thing I have not tried is using my AxeFX through the FX loop... and/or the AxeFX 4 cable method (not sure what that is, but it sounds cool ;) Anyway, great amps, top notch service and support from Rob, QUICK turnaround on service.... if you have an older VAC or Hayseed, GET IT UPDATED! Rob is the man!

5. MikeyG

MikeyG Supporting Member

I bought the one at the Amp Show, it is indeed a great amp. I use it clean with pedals and it rocks....