Valvetech VAC Love.. Thanks Rob

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Axemeister, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Axemeister

Axemeister Member

KUDOS to Rob at Valvetech. I just got my VAC 22 chassis back from Rob after he did the latest update, and it rocks!!.

I loved this little VAC-22 amp before, but the new tweaks from Rob have now made this even better.The older set-up was really nice, but it tended to get a bit gnarly and buzzy at heaviest OD levels. Now the rough edges are smoothed down just a bit and the tone is just slightly rounder.

I should also add that I never pulled the chassis before and really looked at Rob's workmanship. He does beautiful work.

2. theinteriorleag

theinteriorleag Member

I don't need to hear this on the day I'm taking mine to its new owner. :( Go ahead and rub it in that I suck for selling mine. :bkw

I can't compare the update versus the older version(s), but the updated one sounds great. Rob is also very quick on the turnaround time.

3. teefus

teefus Supporting Member

rob rules. i have slowly sold off all of my amps except my 3 valvetechs. these 3 definitely aren't going anywhere.
    [​IMG]

4. Axemeister

Axemeister Member

Nice threesome...!!

5. conrad

conrad Member

I own two VAC-22's (a 1x12 with Weber Blue Dog and a 2x12 with V30's). I can't give them up for weeks for the final mod....

Great amps !!!

6. Axemeister

Axemeister Member

I know what you are saying. I kept telling Rob that mine was coming back for mods, but it took me a year to do it. He turns them around quickly, so I would do it.

If you liked it before, you will only like it more. To my ears, the mod just cools off the raspiness on the major OD settings, and thickens it ever so slightly.

7. teefus

teefus Supporting Member

thanks. the red head is a vac50 with all the current mods, the b+w head is a hayseed preamp and 2xel34 power amp, and the w+b head is a custom one off design with an unusual preamp and a 2xel34 power amp. they all sound fantastic and do their thing very well.