1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Valvetrain 205 Tallboy opinions

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Dave Bacon, Jun 8, 2008.

1. Dave Bacon

Dave Bacon Member

Hi folks
    I'm interested in the Valvetrain 205 tallboy with the 12 inch speaker. Any owners care to share their opinions?
    Dave

2. luv2playm

luv2playm Supporting Member

3. Trauma Llama

Trauma Llama Supporting Member

I love mine. I have the Tortured Tweed finish. I didn't care for the stock speaker (Emi Blue Tick Hound) so I replaced it with a Warehouse Speakers ET 65 (Celestion G12-65 clone). It tightened up the low end and boosted the mids. :AOK

4. Jules6120

Jules6120 Member

I Love mine. I have one of the early ones with a 10inch Webber speaker. It sounds great and records beatifully.

5. Catmouth

Catmouth Member

I have a custom one (circuit mod), and a band mate has a stock one. Both are very very nice. Breaks up nicely at about 12 oclock and takes pedals well. I use mine for harp also.