Valvetrain Concord

mspizziri

I recently got a Vox AC4TV 1x10 and for $200 I must say it's a pretty decent sounding little amp and sounds pretty good with my Riot and Timmy pedals.
My only complaint would be the lack of bottom end, which is to be expecting due to the size.

I started looking around at other amps in the same price range, VHT Special 6, Jet City, Class 5 to check out some other possible options.
I also was looking at the Valvetrain Concord, and while it is more money it seems to be a much higher build quality than the rest.

There really isn't much in the way of reviews and clips and I was wondering if anyone had tried one and what they thought

Crimson Queen

Silver Supporting Member
I have one and really like it. It sounds like a small BF Deluxe. It is actually quite loud for its size and I use a Marshall Power Brake to tame it. I also tried the Lexington but did not like the voicing (too tweedy).

mspizziri

I have one and really like it. It sounds like a small BF Deluxe. It is actually quite loud for its size and I use a Marshall Power Brake to tame it. I also tried the Lexington but did not like the voicing (too tweedy).

Thanks for the input!!!!
I was looking at the Lexington as well, but from what you said I think I would prefer the Concord

bobcs71

The manufacturer is near where I work. I've played it. The Condord has a BF voiced tone stack & the Lexington has a tweed tone stack. IMO both really come alive when used through a 12" Eminence Wizard. They are hand wired, point to point amps. I have a Trenton that practice & gig with. I've had to replace tubes (expected) but there have been no problems with my amp.

Edit: +1 on it being loud for it's wattage rating. If you want me to go play one at lunch just say the word!

starjag

The manufacturer is near where I work. I've played it. The Condord has a BF voiced tone stack & the Lexington has a tweed tone stack. IMO both really come alive when used through a 12" Eminence Wizard. They are hand wired, point to point amps. I have a Trenton that practice & gig with. I've had to replace tubes (expected) but there have been no problems with my amp.

Interesting that the BF flavoured amp pairs well with a British flavoured speaker. Noticed that Valvetrain uses the Ramrod (also British flavoured) in some of their models.

bobcs71

Interesting that the BF flavoured amp pairs well with a British flavoured speaker. Noticed that Valvetrain uses the Ramrod (also British flavoured) in some of their models.

It is interesting. I've been a fan of that pairing before I knew the Valvetrain guys. I was using a Fargen BB40 with an Eminence Wizard on Ben Fargen's suggestion. It seems to work well.

starjag

NAD... what a glorious little amp!

DSCN4508.jpg

Using an Eminence Ramrod and current production tubes (12AX7 and 6V6 from EH).

Trending Topics

Top Bottom