Van Den Hul cables?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Ionian, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Ionian

Ionian Member

Im puting together a new rig and was looking to use
    Van Den Hul Inspiration Hybrid for amp to cab, Van Den Hul Integration Hybrid for guitar to amp, and Van Den Hul SCS-12 for cabinet wiring. anyone using any of this?

2. Glass Onion

Glass Onion Toneful truth seeker. Gold Supporting Member

I love it. The money was worth it for me. So much so that I just ordered a smaller section of it. I did not want to have any other cable in the chain, no matter how short. It is that good. I prefer to go straight in but if I have to I want a patch to be Van Den Hul.

3. InfoRob

InfoRob Member

Van Den Hul cables are definitely, in my opinion, in the upper echelon of cables. There are other top tier cables like Two-Rock, Cornish, Solid, & Zaolla as well, but I'd be hard pressed to say you'd be disappointed with Van den Hul.

~IR

4. friend33

friend33 Silver Supporting Member

VDH are great cables. I've got them for all my instrument and pedalboard cables now (added over time) - haven't used the amp cables. I agree you really can't go wrong with them, and will notice a difference.

5. 335fuzzdelay

335fuzzdelay Member

Great sounding quality cables. However, the Integration Hybrid instrument cable is really stiff and the Inspiration Hybrid speaker cable is a bit bulky.

That's why I prefer Vovox.

6. kaseri

kaseri Member

We use them in the studio and for recording from guitar to amp and amp to cab. My board is wired with VDH as well. For gigs I use less expensive cables. The sonic differences are virtually undetectable in a live situation. The crowd at a live show wouldn't know the difference between a Gorilla amp and a 5K boutique amp so thinking they would be able to hear the difference in cables is even more ridiculous. In my opinion it doesn't matter much for live performances.

7. 66Park

66Park Member

The audience probably couldn't hear the differences in cables on a studio recording either. I know the difference, and it's important to me. I couldn't care less if the audience hears the difference or not, but I want to hear myself playing with the best sound I can possibly get. I find it inspiring, so, my live cables are either Van Den Huls or Lava Ultramafics.

8. justonwo

justonwo Member

I absolutely hated my VdH instrument cable because it was SO ridiculously stiff. I much prefer Vovox for that reason. I wouldn't waste your money on a high end speaker cable as the main requirement for that job is just enough copper to deal with the current.

9. friend33

friend33 Silver Supporting Member

VDH is certainly stiff to start with, but does loosen and become more flexible with use. (Never as much as some, for sure, but that became a non-issue for me over time.)