• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Van Halen "Blood and Fire" song preview

Kentano2000

Gold Supporting Member
Can you say "Ripley"? As for me, I LOVE what I'm hearing here. Can't wait for the entire album. Let the debate begin...

Edit:

Here's the original:

surfshack

That music is something that Eddie originally wrote for the soundtrack of the movie "The Wild Life" back in 1984.
great movie for the times!

DarrenTD

I didn't like Tattoo at first but it grew on me. I think I'm going to withhold anymore new VH comments until I hear the whole album and have time to let it sink in.

Thanks for posting this though!

jb70

Silver Supporting Member
i dig the tune but i'm not digging dave's vocal. it sounds like he's really struggling. that said, it's worlds better than tatoo

Kentano2000

Gold Supporting Member
Sure sounds like a tele. I wonder if this was recorded when they were in Nashville :0)
Yeah. It actually sounds exactly like the original Ripley Tele he used to record the original tune with. This would be akin to a pre-1986 tone for all you tone debaters... :rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao

Shnook

Silver Supporting Member
i dig the tune but i'm not digging dave's vocal. it sounds like he's really struggling. that said, it's worlds better than tatoo
:agree Pretty much what I was gonna post word for word.

~sounddjinn~

It sounds like they're trying too hard. Forced, instead of inspired.
It could be, in part, because they're using old material, instead of writing new stuff.
Dave seems self conscious. I can hear it..
Getting old is especially hard for vain peacocks!

TTripp

"Right Now" was a tune from the Wild Life Soundtrack too.

I'd love to hear "Donut City" done up DLR style.

Trending Topics