Van Halen Pedalboard

paulscape

Finished a new build today from scrap wood, paint and velcro. I will clean up the wiring soon. Sounds great with my Plexi and 6CA7's!

Chain is: Micro buffer>EVH flanger>EVH phase90>MXR micro chorus>loop switcher with Boss 10 band EQ and vintage MXR 6 band EQ>Chase Tone secret preamp (Echo Plex preamp)>Wampler tape echo>vintage MXR noise gate/line driver. Loop or line out from hotplate to 2nd FX amp is Mooer pitchbox>Mooer spark delay>Digitech reverb! Powered by one DC powerbrick!

That’s a really sweet board. Are you getting all your overdrive from the Plexi itself? Does the echoplex preamp give you the extra oomph that Ed had on that searing distortion that he had?

paulscape

That’s a really sweet board. Are you getting all your overdrive from the Plexi itself? Does the echoplex preamp give you the extra oomph that Ed had on that searing distortion that he had?
Yes just Plexi...the secret preamp is awesome...if set to treble EQ it can actually be too much sizzle! Highly recommend it.

paulscape

great stuff, are you using 2 plexi?

ps my mooer pitchbox is very noisy
Just 1...for now. My pitchbox is not noisy in the loop but does have slight drop in volume. The noisiest pedals are the MXR 6 band (expected) and the MXR micro chorus.

Trending Topics