• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Van Halen to continue? Debunked!

GibsonGeek

UPDATE/EDIT. Fake news. At least the speculation was interesting.

So there’s this.

VAN HALEN UPDATE: there is a good strong possibility that the band is not over (like it or not) this is the word that is being talked at the VH camp. Sammy Hagar: Vocals, Michael Anthony: Bass Guitar, Alex Van Halen: Percussion and Wolfgang Van Halen on guitar. It has been mentioned that Eddie Van Halen told his son and brother, I give you my blessing......

Link:

Sure, it’s Metal Sludge, but the owner/OP has a history of being in the know in terms of rock star gossip.

Last edited:
If they end up doing this, they have to officially name the band Van Hagar.
I'm not against the idea, but it won't be Van Halen, no matter what they call themselves.
Van Halen without Eddie and DLR isn't Van Halen, no matter how you slice it.
I'm sure it would turn out great and I would enjoy it.

No_Stairway

Silver Supporting Member
It's a nice tribute and Wolfgang would be honored I'm sure but swing and a miss, there are much better guy who could fill that spot, Paul Gilbert would be my pick.

I could see them all doing some sort of one-off tribute event ala Freddie Mercury. Otherwise, no. Sammy is 73, we’re in the middle of a pandemic. Is he gonna go out and tour at 75?
Dead and Co just inserted a couple young bucks and forged on (Otiel and John Mayers or something like that), granted VH does not have near the stardom to sell out 20k stadiums or Solder Field, but it could be a nice way to heal some broken hearts.

Doomrider78

It's a nice tribute and Wolfgang would be honored I'm sure but swing and a miss, there are much better guy who could fill that spot, Paul Gilbert would be my pick.

Dead and Co just inserted a couple young bucks and forged on (Otiel and John Mayers or something like that), granted VH does not have near the stardom to sell out 20k stadiums or Solder Field, but it could be a nice way to heal some broken hearts.
Nah! Nuno Bettencourt would be a better fit, IMO: He's got the swing and groove.

Edit: As mentioned above, Phil X wouldn't be a bad shout, either, but he might have BJ commitments :eek: :spit

If they did it as a tribute tour, then fine, but as a new material band? No! Just no. Perhaps Alex could join Chickenfoot, or something.

Trending Topics