• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!
  • If you are seeing this, you are on the new TGP servers. Bear with us as we work out any issues related to the move. The end result should be a far better snappier experience on TGP. *Notice: You can close this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner.

Van Halen to continue? Debunked!

Ry@n

I think the initial topic is known by now to be debunked, to those who maintain an interest in EVH. From there, I don’t see any harm in discussing hypothetical band lineups, fantasy reunions, tribute concert participants, what if’s, or whether or not Valerie can play Eruption. People die, and people talk. Ever been to a wake? Grieving, closure, whatever it is, comes in many forms. There are a zillion other threads to browse at TGP. With respect, just change the channel.
I always love it when people on forums demand a thread be removed from their sight, rather than just not read the thread...

Doomrider78

I always love it when people on forums demand a thread be removed from their sight, rather than just not read the thread...
Whilst I agree with you, generally, there's a difference between a thread that contains stuff you disagree with and one that spreads false information that has categorically been denied by the involved parties.

For the record, the OP did the right thing in just renaming it: Now we know what the truth is, people can get back to arguing without hurting kittens and puppies :fisticuffs:p

When Wolfie says this rumor hurts his family I am sure it's because jerks are going off unmoderated on twitter @ him and not because of anything posted here. Most people here understand he got drafted into a no-win role as a teenager and have been really respectful to him. That people argue about Sam and Dave all day and have pretty much shut down any talk of this no matter how fake it was is actually speaking volumes about how great his dad was. My guess is Twitter is people actually dumping on him or others. But Twitter is a cesspool I don't visit so maybe I'm wrong.

Last edited:

ned7flat5

Maybe a regrouped “Van Halen” in name only might be the concept the industry backers might have in mind, along the lines of Fleetwood Mac’s transformation into something largely unrecognisable to fans of the original band.

Highly unlikely of course.

datguytim

Silver Supporting Member
It's a crock of sh*t. There will be no VH reunion. Impossible. No Eddie = No Van Halen. Alex won't do it.

Barquentine

Fleetwood Mac are still going many years after losing Peter Green who was vocalist, lead guitarist and wrote all their songs.

Aceman893

I think the initial topic is known by now to be debunked, to those who maintain an interest in EVH. From there, I don’t see any harm in discussing hypothetical band lineups, fantasy reunions, tribute concert participants, what if’s, or whether or not Valerie can play Eruption. People die, and people talk. Ever been to a wake? Grieving, closure, whatever it is, comes in many forms. There are a zillion other threads to browse at TGP. With respect, just change the channel.
But even THINKING about is the SAME as walking up to Wolfgang and saying his dad was a drunk jerk and then PUNCHING him in the face LITERALLY!!!!!!!!!!

Without wearing a MASK!!!!!!!!!

Where is the HUMANITY I say!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously - David Lee Roth was right when he said the VH brothers had not missed an opportunity to miss an opportunity. They were a mess for that almost two decades.

So yeah - now people are looking at and asking "What if...." No one really got enough Van Halen. So why not?

circle_o_5ths

Nothing is debunked, if the money is right, it’ll happen in some form.

Wolfie’s moaning to the contrary is not convincing after his Tool concert postings making it seem like Eddie was doing great. We now know he was on the down slide in his cancer battle.

Money talks, period.

JPH118

Wolfie’s moaning to the contrary is not convincing after his Tool concert postings making it seem like Eddie was doing great. We now know he was on the down slide in his cancer battle.
A LOT can change in 8 months. I didn’t see any “moaning”, just a son who lost his dad and doesn’t like unfounded rumors about him.

Dave Fox

Senior Pedalmaker
I wonder if Wolfie will ever make a project of going through all those tapes Eddie had. There must be endless hours of amazing riffs and brilliant playing that never made it on a record.

GibsonGeek

I wonder if Wolfie will ever make a project of going through all those tapes Eddie had. There must be endless hours of amazing riffs and brilliant playing that never made it on a record.
Along those lines, what becomes of the studio? Would be cool to see it eventually opened up for outside use. I could see bands and wealthy hobbyists paying top dollar just to have a product that came out of 5150. Same guys who pay for those rock star fantasy camps. As a pro studio for the non fantasy guys, perhaps even some legit releases.

I understand the studio sits roughly 100 feet from the main house. Would zoning laws prohibit this type of commercial use?

hellbender

Feel sorry for Wolf for the role fate has cast him. How could he not go into music, VH was such an all consuming force and all. Now he finds himself in a very awkward position. Maybe he really wants a normal life apart from what his “defaulting to” fans want? How do you really know him.

tiktok

Silver Supporting Member
Along those lines, what becomes of the studio? Would be cool to see it eventually opened up for outside use. I could see bands and wealthy hobbyists paying top dollar just to have a product that came out of 5150. Same guys who pay for those rock star fantasy camps. As a pro studio for the non fantasy guys, perhaps even some legit releases.

I understand the studio sits roughly 100 feet from the main house. Would zoning laws prohibit this type of commercial use?
As I recall, it's not a studio--it's a racquetball court. True, there's a lot of audio equipment being stored there right now.

Yer Blues

What about some type of touring tribute with the ex members and 4-5 guitarist each playing 3-4 songs? Or something like the Experience Hendrix thing.... Experience Van Halen. EVH's influence was huge. They could probably throw together something with a stable of guitarist (maybe 10-15) and rotate through them similar to Hendrix? I guess the business side of things would have to be worked out.... plenty of guys would probably love to do it, but would it make financial sense for them?

Maybe if it was during a break from the regular gig?

Lynch? Zakk Wylde? Pete Thorn? Phil X? Nuno? Paul Gilbert? Blues Saraceno? I mean what guitarist who came up in the 80s wasn't influenced by EVH?

Not buying it, where's his long awaited album he's been working on?
It was about to drop when Eddie passed so I suspect it will be on hold. He supposedly does EVERYTHING on this record, plays guitar, plays bass, plays keyboards, plays drums and sings all the vocals. And supposedly does not resemble any Van Halen music as we know it. I'd like to see him be an interesting new voice carrying on the family name not sounding like Ed's old band.

Trending Topics