• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Van Morrison: Latest Record Project Volume 1 review – depressing rants by tinfoil milliner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bosko

I tried to listen to a few songs, but did not want to sit through any of them. The lyrics are bad, the music just ok, and his voice surprisingly has held up to what it was. Ranting about the music scene & FB seems hypocritical to me, got his own FB page pimping his new $42.00 album, net worth $90M, covid rants, antisemitism, he seems a mess - maybe meds would help but either way, I would rather listen to his old stuff.

Route234

I hope the album wasn’t as cringe inducing as that review was, good heavens.

“it is worth noting that the music & singing is ok”

he adds as an afterthought

the entire review was an overreaction.

It sounds like those two things took a backseat to whatever axe the fool had to grind when he made the album so I think that was 100% appropriate to say that on behalf of the reviewer.

RhytmEarl

I remember seeing him in Toronto during his hey day in the mid 70’s, I was a big fan. He was obviously drunk. I don’t know if he even had a band (think so), but came out on his own and so pissed-off the adoring crown that 90% left in within 40 minutes, including me and the dozen people I came with. Never saw anything like it at a show before or since. Wanted to get up on stage and deck the little pr@ck. Ah memories! I also had a buddy who toured with him as a roadie (early 80’s). He said it was the most miserable gig of his life, and thought VM was completely insane. Can’t say any of this latest news is surprising.
He did the same thing here. Back to the audience. Drunk. Played for the minimum contracted time. Stormed off.

I hold him in the deepest contempt. When Clapton (my all time guitar hero) joined him for that idiotic single, well, hearts were broken. Mine anyway.

Frond

It sounds like those two things took a backseat to whatever axe the fool had to grind when he made the album so I think that was 100% appropriate to say that on behalf of the reviewer.
actually no: the singing and music was ok. the reviewer just couldn’t get past the fact that someone with a different opinion to him has the audacity to sing about it

Route234

actually no: the singing and music was ok. the reviewer just couldn’t get past the fact that someone with a different opinion to him has the audacity to sing about it

And guys like you cant stand that he gets judged by it which he of course should. You are being totally disingenuous yourself trying to act like its about the music too when you are so obviously just defending the POV because you agree with it. None of you guys are defending the music and Id wager you havent even listened to it.

When he says stuff like any other person people will judge it. If you think theres anyone on this earth who isnt held to that standard you are lying to yourself and you are certainly not living in reality.

marvin cobain

He's a reviewer, what should he say? Hey, this idea of Covid as a plot to put people inside their houses is as stupid as those who believe in reptilians and much more dangerous but I respect it? No, because he's a reviewer and he's judging what he's listening, fortunately

pete692

Silver Supporting Member
He’s a legend with nothing to prove. That being said, getting old sure seems to take a toll on the old gray matter. Especially if you start out a little wacky

joebloggs13

I remember seeing him in Toronto during his hey day in the mid 70’s, I was a big fan. He was obviously drunk. I don’t know if he even had a band (think so), but came out on his own and so pissed-off the adoring crown that 90% left in within 40 minutes, including me and the dozen people I came with. Never saw anything like it at a show before or since. Wanted to get up on stage and deck the little pr@ck. Ah memories! I also had a buddy who toured with him as a roadie (early 80’s). He said it was the most miserable gig of his life, and thought VM was completely insane. Can’t say any of this latest news is surprising.
I have also read various accounts of his behaviour...shameful. The man's reputation has sunk low. Not surprising, with an attitude like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom