VanAmps Solemate Reverbamate Issue. . . Help?!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by ToneFreak911, Feb 15, 2009.

1. ToneFreak911

ToneFreak911 Member

Hey, guys. The input on my Solemate started causing a harsh scratch/hiss last night. It's totally unusable as is. The output is fine and the reverb tank is still working. I've tried multiple power supplies and cabling. Seems that the input is ruined. Anybody had a similar issue? Anybody have an idea what it might be? Thanks.

2. MrBoZiffer

MrBoZiffer Senior Member

I have a Sole-Mate that had some noise issues, but it wasn't limited to one jack. I contacted Tim, the owner of VanAmps and he quickly responded that I should send it i to him for repairs. He worked on it and returned it to me in just a matter of days. This was during Xmas too. He got it back to me faster than I imagined. He obviously knows how to do customer service right. My unit works great now with no problems. You should contact him and see what he says. He'll be able to help you.

3. Pale Rider

Pale Rider Supporting Member

I'll chime in here with the same response-call Tim and talk to him-he gives great customer service

4. Muzzy

Muzzy Supporting Member

I had problems with the input jack on mine too. I opened it up to scope it out and the input jack as well as everything else was fine. I took the nut off the input jack and everything looked good there too. I put it back together and it's been fine ever since. Go figure.

5. jzucker

jzucker Supporting Member

Sounds like an intermittent chassis/ground connection.

6. ToneFreak911

ToneFreak911 Member

Saw that I never updated this post. I contacted Tim at Vanamps like TGPer's recommended. Even though I wasn't the original owner, Tim honored the warranty and returned the unit to factory specs. Only cost me one-way shipping. I love my Solemate and highly recommend Vanamps' products and service.

7. analogmike

analogmike Gold Supporting Member

Thanks for filling us in, most people don't post when they are happy about something so it's a nice change!