Vaporizer Users

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Jonathan, Mar 7, 2015.

1. Jonathan

Jonathan Member

I'm a relative newcomer to these products. However, I'm happy to say that I've pretty much put down cigarettes since discovering them.

Just got a new setup last week. 30W eLeaf with a Nautilus Mini. My previous rig did not have voltage control or adjustable air restriction, two things I don't think I could do without after trying this. I'm very happy so far.

[​IMG]

Feel free to post your setups / experiences!

2. TeleBlack

TeleBlack Senior Member

I love my Micro G-Pen but I don't think that's the type of vape you're talking about.

3. Neer

Neer Member

The Micro G is way better if you buy a stronger battery. The burn is not strong enough with the supplied part. Try it and prepare to see the difference.

4. TeleBlack

TeleBlack Senior Member

Will do! I need to buy a spare atomizer or two anyway.

5. mannish

mannish Member

I don't think people that use vaporizers have really quit much of anything. The people that say I quit smoking now I use a vaporizer, well you ain't quit smoking you are still a nicotine junkie

I smoke.

StratoCraig likes this.
  6. Jonathan

Jonathan Member

There are over 70 carcinogenic compounds produced during the combustion of tobacco.

There are zero produced from the vaporization of vegetable glycerin.

As far as nicotine (which is far less harmful than any of that, and has health effects and addiction properties on par with that of caffeine, which I'm sure you're above), I have cut down the amount in my liquids significantly, and now enjoy eLiquids that don't even contain nicotine.

Please inform yourself about the subject before making condescending remarks.

FWIW, I also don't put people down for smoking. It isn't my business what people choose to consume, healthy or otherwise.

snow and steel likes this.
  7. TeleBlack

TeleBlack Senior Member

As a non nicotine user all I ever ask is please don't vape your liquids in a non-smoking place. Some of that stuff stinks. Less than smoke, but still an odor none the less.

StratoCraig likes this.
  8. GA20T

GA20T Member

I hit it hard for the first week & 1/2 and now down to a couple drags 3-4 times/day. Some days I don't even remember to touch it. It's been months and I have no desire for a cig - they smell awful to me now. Once the cocktail of carcinogens has been gotten over and the initial habit broken - easy w/ a good setup like the OP has (I have the same) - cutting back on the nicotine amount and daily usage is easy peasy. Didn't even have to make an effort to do so. YMMV.

9. Faraldi

Faraldi Member

I smoked for a long time. Sometimes on and off but my latest bout was for a couple of years at about 30 cigs a day (when you break it down to the actual number, it's scary).

I bought a vaporizer about a year and a half ago and tried breaking the cigs for about a year while also vaping. Didn't do it for me. Then I got this really bad cold and I still found myself trying to smoke. At that point I realized that this is crazy for me to keep going. Plus, I had a consistent, throat clearing cough the whole time I smoked.

Went full time to the vape and I'm now on six months without a cig (and my wife still smokes). It's literally been life changing.

I feel fantastic, no more coughing and my singing voice is back to where it was years ago. I'm down to only 4mg of nicotine.

I'm using the eLeaf IStick and a Vapor Shark tank. I realize that it's healthier to not inhale anything at all and I will eventually be off the vaping. At this point it's been a huge benefit for me.

Oh and I had the intent of saving the money from not buying cigs but that hasn't happened yet. :)

10. mannish

mannish Member

sorry I don't think you have quit smoking.

I am a nicotine and caffeine junkie

I have considered vapor but quitting nicotine is what I need to do not change the source.

Nicotine is bad

StratoCraig likes this.
  11. Jonathan

Jonathan Member

As I said earlier, nicotine is an option. I have plenty of eLiquids that contain zero nicotine.

I had a MUCH harder time getting off of caffeine. Massive headaches, mood swings, etc... The difference between caffeine and nicotine is largely a matter of public perception and its tie to cigarettes. There are a lot of things people put in their bodies on a daily basis that have been proven to be far more harmful.

12. Remer

Remer Golden member. See Below. Gold Supporting Member

So you don't vape? Why even come here, to piss down backs?

13. mannish

mannish Member

not true. My best friend is drug rehab professional - I asked him point blank what is the worst drug, he said without a doubt nicotine. He said not even close.

I do not care what you do but what you said about nicotine and caffeine is just not true.

I am 55 and done a LOT of drugs, nothing compares to the addiction of nicotine for me personally - very bad drug but that's my problem

StratoCraig likes this.
  14. mannish

mannish Member

to tell people to QUIT USING NICOTINE - don't pat yourself on the back for changing the method of ingestion.

I may start vaping before the day is over but point is the only to quit smoking is to quit smoking not change the source.

I am trying to help you - you ain't quit nothing plain and simple

15. neoprimitive

neoprimitive Member

I vape and enjoy it greatly. it worked for me to quit cigarettes.
    I'm down to 3mg of nicotine juice, and soon zero.
    I'm amazed at the attitudes of some people toward vaping.
    I've had people say things to me in public and act like I'm doing something terrible. and I don't vape in non smoking areas. I think some people would be upset if they even saw you doing a pantomime of pretending to smoke.
    and nicotine isn't any worse for your body than caffiene, whats bad is all the other crap in cigarettes. vaping is water vapor. its a hell of a lot less toxic than real smoking.
    our world is turning into a bunch of whining ninnies who want everyone else to be just like them and not do anything that might upset them or their feelings.
    some of the non smokers today would of had emotional breakdowns if the were back in the earlier 20th century where smoking was a part of life and was in TV, movies and advertising.
    vaping is a blessing for those that want to quit smoking, the tobacco companies are spreading lies about it, because vaping works and every person that quits smoking via a vaporizer is one less customer and a huge money loss. big tobacco is mad that they cant control the vape industry.

16. Jonathan

Jonathan Member

So you believe ingesting more than 70 carcinogenic compounds along with tar as a delivery method is on par with ingesting none?

If you can't see the difference, I don't know what to say.

Nicotine is not healthy. Neither is caffeine. Neither is alcohol. Neither are preservatives, processed sugars and a glut of other things consumed by TGPers on a daily basis, but I would rather take steps to reduce my risk rather than just throwing my hands up and saying "To Hell with it...if I'm going to inhale nicotine, give me a toxic brew and a coating of sludge to go along with it!"

17. fredgarvin

fredgarvin Member

Vaping grates on the Nannies because they see it as an end run around, defeating their control of others behavior.

cruster and pbmw like this.
  18. mannish

mannish Member

I apologize for being rude but I am just saying quit using nicotine be it patches or vapor just stop using it if you want to quit smoking.

getting addicted to nicotine is THE worst thing that ever happened to me - I do not smoke cigarettes I smoke a pipe - sometimes I inhale sometimes I do not but point is I still smoke

I did quit nicotine for a year or so and slipped up started smoking a pipe so I am a junkie again

I considered a vapor but I do not want to continue to be a nicotine junkie so the only choice is to man up and quit using.

I think the vapor stuff is really bad it gives people the false sense they are not a junkie

I do not know one person that quit smoking via vapor they just changed the method but still smoking.

19. Jonathan

Jonathan Member

Or just use eLiquid that doesn't contain nicotine. It isn't an all-or-nothing proposition.

I wasn't just addicted to nicotine in cigarettes (and I puff on a pipe on special occasions too...really nice one - Stanwell Hans Christian Andersen model with a churchwarden stem, but I digress).

Inhaling warm, pleasantly flavored vapor is just a relaxing experience, and it is primarily that experience I was getting from cigarettes (not the nic) that I was hooked on.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2015
  20. fredgarvin

fredgarvin Member

When I quit smoking it was those habitual 'smoking moments' that were the hardest. Just after sex, after a meal, drinking and on the phone. Much more than any nicotine needs.