Vebzilla vs TC Nova Reverb

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Sandro, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Sandro

Sandro Member

I just wonder if anyone have done a comparison or any comment is olso welcome.

Sandro

2. Sandro

Sandro Member

3. jacstraw84

jacstraw84 Member

I just ordered a Verbzilla. Every other reverb pedal looked kind of boring to me.

4. shizzaq

shizzaq Supporting Member

Verbzilla sounds pretty great for the price. Its better than any other Line6 product I have tried. Line6 Tech support said that the signal is not routed through the DSP converters when in bypass.

5. Point to Point

Point to Point Member

I have both. Had the Verbzilla first, but the TC knocked it off the board due to it's more quiet nature, and most importantly, the ability to have two reverb levels available at the stomp of a button. Still have zilla as backup - the two are similar in fine sounding reverbs if your not using a big tank spring unit.

6. jamison162

jamison162 Supporting Member

They did? The VerbZ's buffer really brightens my overall tone. I've done extensive A/B'ing recently. Turn the mix all the way down so you are just hearing your dry tone and the tone is the same whether the pedal is on or off. A/B'ing with my direct signal, no VerbZ in the path, it is very noticable how much brighter it is. Could be a good thing or bad depending on your setup. With the pedal off, I've also notice a very different tone when switching the trials feature off and on. You would think it wouldn't matter and it would all be the same, but it isn't. These issues are my only beef with the Verbzilla.

7. Defendant

Defendant Member

Had a verbzilla and replaced it with the Nova. Reasons were: the extra preset, lower noise, a better sounding buffer and better build -one drunk singer's foot on the knobs of a verbzilla and I'm pretty certain it'd be time for a new module.

8. theroan

theroan Member

The verbzilla is one of my fav's, the octo and cave settings are worth the price alone.

9. drod2045

drod2045 Member

cave and octo is why I have it. its essential for me :)

on the song 'streetlamp limelight' - i use the octo setting combined with a TRex Reptile and TC Nova modulator set w/ slight chorus and trem on the intro high pitched melody riff

www.mysapce.com/fifteenfleeting

:AOK

10. Lt_Core

Lt_Core Supporting Member

Very nice! That's why I want one. Octo and cave settings :)

11. jgyn

jgyn Member

I've both. Nova's a bit better on realistic sounding reverbs, the Verbzilla better on cosmic, ambient sounds.

12. iualum

iualum Member

...exactly...I use the Nova for everything else...

13. Steve73

Steve73 Member

I A'B'ed the two of them along with a Holy Grail when I was shopping for a reverb pedal. I walked out with the Verbzilla. The Nova sounded good but the Verbzilla was more versatile, cheaper and had some great extras (octo, cave, echo)