Veillette Elan

Discussion in 'The Small Company Luthiers' started by B Vance, Mar 18, 2008.

1. B Vance

B Vance Member

You guys know anything about these? I'll be in Chicago next week on business and I'm looking forward to checking the one they have at Make N Music out.

Saw one guy after searching who said it felt similar to an LP in size, but sounded like an L5. Now that's what I'm talking about.

Any people with first-hand experience willing to chime in would be great.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. TwoTubMan

TwoTubMan Member

Well, I've got a Veillette 12-string, and I can tell you that the quality is second to none.

3. aoguitars

aoguitars Member

I used to live in that area of NY, and worked for both Spector Basses and then MTD. Joey was right down the road, and he's one of the nicest guys around. I was amazed at these guitars, especially being that they're coming out of one of the tiniest shops I've ever seen. His designs are fantastic and the craftsmanship is stellar. I highly recommend checking him out. Good luck!

4. onemind

onemind Member

I got to play an early Citron-Veillette (I think both original partners are still making guitars) and it was stellar, neck through, padauk wood, Brass Hardware, sustained for days.

5. billyguitar

billyguitar Member

I've been tempted by his Jazz 20 for a long time. They recommend the 24-3/4 scale but that would be just wrong. They said they would make it in a 25-1/2" scale.

6. Bassomatic

Bassomatic Silver Supporting Member

You must've known Harvey C., too. A talented curmudgeon!

Lived in Shady (best town name EVER) for years.

7. jguss

jguss Member

I have a jazz model that I bought on e-bay and send to Joe to get a fret mill and setup. It is a monster guitar. I can't figure out how this guitar sounds so much like an acoustic archtop with just a chambered body. If I didn't have a beauregard MB I would order another one of these. They are excellent.