Velcro Etiquette

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by jaymeister, Dec 30, 2005.

1. jaymeister

jaymeister Supporting Member

This is a lighthearted thread about an essential item for us pedal lovers. But I see velcro faux pa's everywhere.

Can we establish some basic rules for velcro and it's use on effects pedals. I'll start.

1. The fuzzy (loop side) stuff goes on your pedal board, and the prickly (hook side) goes on the bottom of your pedal. Not the other way around.

2. Selling a pedal with velcro on the bottom in place of those clear plastic nubby things that boteek builders like to use does not classify as a "mint" pedal, especially if it's the fuzzy side.

/end rant

2. dave s

dave s Member

Good points. It makes sense when selling a pedal to state that the pedal has velcro on the bottom if it does.

Or simply state in a FS ad: 'I removed the velcro ... and half the paint from the bottom of the pedal. And oh, by the way ... where are those rubber feet????'

dave

3. tfire

tfire Member

I wish this had come up a long time ago: I would have followed whatever the "standard" was. I "standardised" on the opposite arrangement. My logic was that if I used a pedal off the board it would skid around less with the loop stuff on the pedal.

4. nondeplume

nondeplume Puppet For Prophet

Or do what I did and give up on velcro all together and buy some "HoldTu" Plastic Adhesive..textured like Gum...holds nice and tight, removes real easy, never know it was there AND reusable...heck I even use it to lock a pedal knob in position.

of course..if you wanna keep fussing with and yucking up your pedels with the other stuff..by all means..

5. jaymeister

jaymeister Supporting Member

That is an interesting one..would it hold down a wah or volume pedal?

6. stephenyi

stephenyi Member

+1 :AOK

7. devbro

devbro Member

8. trisonic

trisonic Member

9. covert

covert Member

If you put the hooks on the bottom of the pedal, they will grab, a bit, on most rugs. This limits slippage.