Vent on Business Practices...

Discussion in 'Builder's & Retailer's Forum' started by LavaMan, Sep 24, 2008.

1. LavaMan

LavaMan Gold Supporting Member

So, a certain company that specializes in framing articles from music magazines pressure sells me over the phone about 4 months ago to frame an article that was done on my company in Music Trades magazine....I was in a store at the time with my wife and distracted and gave in....the deal being I do not have to pay up front but if I like it I can keep it:jo dummy me....

So they mail the da*mn thing and mispell my company name...I put it in a closet and forget about it (should have just mailed it back immediately)

They send me several bills (all of which have the misspelled company name) in the mail but being busy I fail to send the da*mn thing back....:jo dummy me....

Instead of calling me (hmmm....they did solicit me over the phone...) or emailing me...they refer the $203 bill to a collection agency!

Well...said company is going to get a phone call from me today and it's going to be all I can do not to let the Type A Army officer in me come out...

Predatory businesses like this just piss me off!

Vent over....:BITCH:BITCH

2. atquinn

atquinn Supporting Member

What kind of dumb-ass company misspells Lava Cable?!? :rotflmao

-Austin

3. voojo

voojo Gold Supporting Member

Larvae Cable?

4. todd richman

todd richman Senior Member

Lover Cable-used to tie up your honey!!!

5. j_m_s

j_m_s Member

wowzers. How complicated can lava cable get?!?!!?

geez. did they fail english!?!

6. LavaMan

LavaMan Gold Supporting Member

OK - they just pluralized "Lava Cables"...but it still is not my company name! I contacted Music Trades and what they are doing may be in violation of copyright...

7. Ian Anderson

Ian Anderson Supporting Member

I love it when I get asked how to spell guitar.

8. PRNDL

PRNDL Member

Unfortunately, in this case the blame does fall on you for not responding to the bills sent in the mail.

From their perspective, they may have an automatic billing system and may run into a lot of people that hang the article on the wall, but don't want to pay.
    At that price ($200), I'd say it's pretty common.

9. whoismarykelly

whoismarykelly Oh look! This is a thing I can change!

Gotta pay your bills. I would have just said "no thanks" and hung up the phone.

10. sinner

sinner Member

It's a scam. I get calls like that at my bookstore. They call and say we won an award, best bookstore voted by our customers in their poll. They will send me an engraved plague to put on the wall for all to see. If I like it pay them, if not send it back.
    No thanks, it's a scam!

It's gotten so that I always assume everyone who cold calls is a scammer and a thief (same with emails). I won't talk to anyone or open any email unless I know it's real and I have learned to know which is which after 10 years here.

11. Cusack Effects

Cusack Effects Member

Sorry, it was a scam right up to the point where you put it in the closet instead of returning it. They still might be jerks, but I think you have to pay them.

12. frisco

frisco Supporting Member

Report them to the BBB. Then email the states attorney's office. Then email that email to your scammers...You won't have to pay them. We got out of third party types trying to bill us through our phone company.

Still loving my Vovoxcable, thanks again.

Damon

Last edited: Sep 29, 2008
  13. Cusack Effects

Cusack Effects Member

He could do all those things if he had returned it, but he didn't. He said "Yes", and then kept it. It sucks, but not the sellers fault, in this case at least.

14. DreamTheaterRules

DreamTheaterRules Former Lyricist for Calhoun Tubbs Silver Supporting Member

:roll