Verbzilla users help!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by 59Vampire, Mar 12, 2006.

1. 59Vampire

59Vampire Silver Supporting Member

Im trying to get a Peter Green have you ever loved a woman reverb with my 18 watt clone. will this pedal do it? thanks

2. 59Vampire

In the most visited gear site in the world, nobody has a verbzilla?:NUTS

3. 59Vampire

last bump and then im outta hear! :)

4. GtrWiz

GtrWiz Member

I've got one, I think it sounds really good for a pedal verb. Not as digital sounding as I expected. Though I'm not familliar with the song in question...

5. Macaroni

Macaroni Member

I've got one and it's great. Many others here have them too, but may not know the song you mentioned (like me), and thus the lack of replies.

Listen to the clips on the Line6 site and you'll get a very good idea of what it is capable of. It has more reverb types than just about any other pedal reveb available, so it's very likely that you can get the same reverb sound as that recording, which most likely used either a plate, room, hall or spring reverb. There aren't that many choices.

6. homerayvaughan

homerayvaughan Supporting Member

The best 'verb pedal I have tried. I tried Boss's RV-3, RV-5, Digiverb, holy grail, and it has the most usable sounds and is highly tweakable. I highly recommend!

7. 59model

59model Member

I got one and think it`s great, but I don`t believe it will sound good in front of an 18watt amp unless you play it low and use pedals for OD. Reverb should always go after OD, not before, so if your crankin the amp, the pedal just ain`t gonna sound good IMO.

8. mrbluetone

mrbluetone Member

I too have own a few reverbs...the Verbzilla is staying on my board..it is very tweakable and has a large range of studio type verbs!

9. 59Vampire

thanks for the input! i will get one. I refuse to use an od with this amp the tone is so good without it!

10. GtrWiz

GtrWiz Member

what amp? does it have an fx loop?

11. SuperReverb2

SuperReverb2 Member

Another VERY satisfied Verbzilla owner/user here as well. I use it with my Fender 57 Tweed Twin to add just a hint of ambiance for the blues/light rock I like to play with that amp. The Verbills is the BEST reverb pedal I have tried/owned to date, and I had tried pretty much everything out there prior to purchasing the Verbzilla. It DOES NOT sound digital in any way shape or form, it doesn't mess with your original tone, and it is definitely the most tweakable reverb pedal on today's market.

One thing, BUY THE POWER SUPPLY, as this thing eats batteries for breakfast. I use a standard Boss PSA-120T with mine and it's fine.

Chuck

12. Platypus

Platypus not in rivers, but in drops

How reliable are these things?

I was really floored by the Echo Park and one other 'tonecore' pedal but they all seem to have really flaky craftsmanship. Every time I try to go use one at any store in my area they're always broken.