• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Vertex Boost vs. Amptweaker Tight Boost - Thoughts?

Slush

Anyone have a chance to compare these? I feel that the Tight Boost has some nice features but the rave amongst "boutique" players seems to be leaning towards the Vertex...

WhoJamFan

Wasn't there an issue with Vertex rebranding or cloning other pedals, slapping yheir mane in it, and selling them at boutique prices?
If I somehow got that wrong, my apologies ti Vertex.
Tight Boost is great in that it adds 2 cocked wah options and an effects loop to pipe in an eq or other pedal to add to your boost. Great pedal.

Desperado

Vertex Effects, Inc.
Anyone have a chance to compare these? I feel that the Tight Boost has some nice features but the rave amongst "boutique" players seems to be leaning towards the Vertex...
The Tight Boost is a great pedal! I think it really comes down to what your needs are.

The Tight Boost I think is really great at taking a mediocre amp and really being able to dial it in, dial in a good EQ to make the amp more of what you might like whether that's more midrange, more compression, more top-end, etc. In their description it says it's designed to "tweak the tone of your amp." If that is your need, I think you'll be happy with it.

The Vertex Boost, is different in that it's designed to leave the tone of your guitar and amp unchanged - no color, no EQ change, no compression, no distortion. It's as if you walked back to your amp and turned up the volume knob. It just takes what you have an make it louder. This is why guys like Robben Ford really love this pedal, because it doesn't change the character of their amps (i.e. Dumble ODS for Robben) or their guitars.

If I can be of any assistance, please feel free to reach out anytime even if it's to turn you on to some other boosts from other manufacturers that you might consider before choosing which is best for your set-up

email - mason@vertexeffects.com
phone - 510-863-0612

Wasn't there an issue with Vertex rebranding or cloning other pedals, slapping yheir mane in it, and selling them at boutique prices?
If I somehow got that wrong, my apologies ti Vertex.
Tight Boost is great in that it adds 2 cocked wah options and an effects loop to pipe in an eq or other pedal to add to your boost. Great pedal.
Yes, regrettably, that was me.

Admittedly, in the past, I made some poor decisions in the marketing and sale of the Axis Wah. I've done everything possible to learn from that mistake and make it right for my customers and dealers as quickly as possible - whether that is providing a full refund, a product exchange, or store credit as a redemption for their Axis Wah.

I've made this refund process very public and transparent and have listed every customer which requested a redemption of any kind - taking care of them in the order which they contacted us.

You can see this here: https://www.vertexeffects.com/redemption.

However, my other products, such as the Vertex Boost, is a completely original design that has been marketed and sold with absolute integrity and has a unique feature set and un-matched transparency and fidelity. It has been supported by many top artists in the industry like Robben Ford, Scott Henderson, Wayne Krantz, and many other who have openly come out in support of the me and the company's turn-around.

See Robben's open letter here: https://www.vertexeffects.com/robben-ford-vertex-open-letter

I appreciate your comment and I hope that you'll give the Vertex Boost a try for yourself and evaluate the sound and quality to let me know what you think.

Mason @ Vertex is a crook. He took a $99 BBE Wah, gooped the board, slapped his logo on it and sold them for $350+!!!!! He didnt even change one component! He has since appolgized blah blah blah blah but I still wouldnt support him.
Thank you for your comment. I deeply appreciate your advocacy and willingness to look out for your fellow pedal consumers and musicians. I certainly can't blame you and understand how you feel. I hope that one day I'll be able to change your mind.

scolfax

Silver Supporting Member
The Moog MF Boost also has an expression pedal input if that's what you're after.

SpiritShooter

Silver Supporting Member
I have NEVER seen anyone (who has been taken through the washer and hung up to dry by the TGP) come back in such an apologetic and professional manner.

Without judging what was done, many companies rebrand others products. What I find truly incredible is that this "Crook" (As he has been called) has come back with his tail between his legs, stood up and is willing to assist and help people. He has refunded, or is refunding money to anyone who felt that they were violated. So, Im not sure that, in all fairness, he is a crook.

In full disclosure, I own a Vertex Boost. It's a great product and I could give a **** about anything else, it works. After reading the old message trail the guy sure paid his dues, he made mistakes and wrote an amazing "mi culpa". I have seen a lot of top level politicians lie, cheat and steal and never take full responsibility and admit fault.

It's not fair to use someone else's pain as your excuse to spew vitriol even in a joking manner. We all like to jest and joke, but this man was tried in the court of TGP opinion and has resolved to help and mpve on.

Give him a break and allow him to move on.....
It's his journey and his truth and he appears to certainly own it.

Jake

Last edited:

SpiritShooter

Silver Supporting Member
Or what, internet toughguy?
Maybe it wasn't the most diplomatic way of saying the guys deserves a break. I have revised my wording.
Thanks for bring that to my attention, it wasn't intended to be a threat requiring a "Or What" response.

Regards,
Jake

JakeELee

Bought a Vertex Boost recently used for a good price. I like it a lot. It does what it claims to and very well, I might add. As far as the rep goes, I saw something recently that makes some sense. "Why feel the need to judge others, just because they sin differently than you?" We all eff up people, in one way or another.

WhoJamFan

It's rare to see people take accountability for their actions in this day and age. Best of luck with your company if you are indeed making your own designs and products and have made good on those past situations. Glad your situation hasn't gone on for years internationally like the whole TMG fiasco.
I guess now the true test to whether your new pedals are as good as is said or not, is if Joyo offers a $27 clone at Winter NAMM 2016.(Haha)

ArtDecade

Give him a break? If he didn't get caught, he'd be laughing at all of you on a yacht purchased with his re-branded BBE pedals. Its nice that he apologized and all, but there are many more builders that I would support before tossing this guy a nickel. To each their own...

RACKDOCTOR

The Vertex Boost, is different in that it's designed to leave the tone of your guitar and amp unchanged - no color, no EQ change, no compression, no distortion. It's as if you walked back to your amp and turned up the volume knob. It just takes what you have an make it louder. This is why guys like Robben Ford really love this pedal, because it doesn't change the character of their amps (i.e. Dumble ODS for Robben) or their guitars.
I have to call you out on this. The Vertex Boost does color the tone-it adds a lot of harsh brightness, changes the mids and it distorts at high settings. It is also non true bypass, so it is always on even when not engaged. Therefore the customer can not compare the sound to the a non buffered tone, making the customer think their tone is unchanged. The sales pitch that by using the Boost with the EXP jack on your volume pedal takes the vol pedal out of the circuit is also false. You are still going thru the vol pot-just with one stereo cable instead of two mono.

vinchan

I have to call you out on this. The Vertex Boost does color the tone-it adds a lot of harsh brightness, changes the mids and it distorts at high settings. It is also non true bypass, so it is always on even when not engaged. Therefore the customer can not compare the sound to the a non buffered tone, making the customer think their tone is unchanged. The sales pitch that by using the Boost with the EXP jack on your volume pedal takes the vol pedal out of the circuit is also false. You are still going thru the vol pot-just with one stereo cable instead of two mono.
That was my wondering about those demo videos. Demo guys always just on and off the pedal in unity gain and try convince nothing has changed. But it's buffered and it's already in the chain. If one claims that it unchanges anything from guitar straight into amp, the demo should be through the true bypass looper

Last edited: