Vertex Landau Boost now available

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dana Olsen

Platinum Supporting Member
My People -

Looking at the Vertex effects website this am and it looks like both the Landau Boost and the Vertex Boost are now available.

See here: Landau Boost https://www.vertexeffects.com/effects/landau-boost

Vertex Boost: https://www.vertexeffects.com/effects/vertex-boost

I played a prototype of the Vertex Boost before NAMM and I loved it. Very transparent, very quiet .... so you can be louder (GRIN). I'm not sure if the Vertex Boost was already available, but I just noticed the Landau Boost there this am.

Being a client of Vertex and a friend of Mason's has forced me to, er, beef up on my impulse control (GRIN - I'll take one of everything ...)

Thanks, Dana O.

jul.brown90

I wonder what's the difference between the Vertex Landau Boost and the Vertex Boost. It says on the website that both are ultra transparent clean 16db boosts. If both are so transparent, what's the difference then...? :)

catfishmusic

The Vertex one has a switchable true bypass or buffer the Landau is true bypass. Not sure if there are any tonal differences aside from that. Mason will chime in I bet.

Mason, if you're out there, curious if these boosts are at all similar to the boost on my Vertex modded Plexitone?

Dana Olsen

May have to do with the true bypass/ buffered option. Looks like it's available on the Vertex, but the Landau is true bypass only?

Maybe Mason will chime in here ...

Thanks, Dana O.

lestera34

Silver Supporting Member
I wonder what's the difference between the Vertex Landau Boost and the Vertex Boost. It says on the website that both are ultra transparent clean 16db boosts. If both are so transparent, what's the difference then...? :)

Landau boost is linear, and has the decibel boost as well.

greg777

In Constant Pursuit of Tone
Gold Supporting Member
From what I have seen/heard it is his buffer in a boost format that he has tweaked over the past several years. I have an interface with his buffer in it and it is one of the most musical clear even buffers out there and it really makes for clerity. I really wanted an active volume pedal so I opted for the Vertex boost just because it has his buffer in it. Works amazing with fuzzes (after) and all. Highly recommended.

Desperado

Vertex Effects, Inc.
Thanks guys!

To clarify:

Both the Landau and Vertex Boost are sonically identical.

The Landau Boost is true bypass, and like the Vertex Boost, has EXP capabilities that can be used to attenuate the boosted level (set by the level pot on the pedal itself) by raising or lowering the foot-pedal on the EXP. The EXP (when connected), takes over the level pot on the pedal itself and re-calibrates the pot taper on the EXP so that it interacts in real-time with the boost to adjust your output level from whatever you've set as the max output (in the toe-down position on the EXP), all the way back to silent (in the heel position on the EXP).

This allows you to always be able to adjust your output in the mix for soloing or for just unity gain swells. The benefit of this over a volume pedal is 1) you can boost beyond unity gain, up to +16dB over unity, and 2) you have no sonic compromise with using the EXP as the volume pedal, as the EXP has no influence over the 100% analog circuitry of the boost. No tone suck as much volume pedals have.

The Vertex Boost is pretty much the same in function as the Landau Boost, however it has a few added features.

It is buffer/bypass (same buffer that is in all Vertex custom rack and pedalboard systems), so it is always conditioning your signal to be completely transparent, and the EXP control is also useable when the Boost is off. When the boost is off, the EXP functions a typical volume pedal (silent in the heel down position, unity gain in the toe-down position). Other than that, it will have the same useable and features as the Landau Boost.

Sonically both pedals are the same, the function of them is different however.

mrfender

Count me in on this one. I've heard great things about this boost from several people. Only problem is just like the wah, Mason makes two different versions and it makes me want both! Lol

I have bought everything Mason makes and it has exceeded my expectations. Looking forward to getting my hands on the boost(s).

traviswalk

In the Great State
Count me in on this one. I've heard great things about this boost from several people. Only problem is just like the wah, Mason makes two different versions and it makes me want both! Lol

I have bought everything Mason makes and it has exceeded my expectations. Looking forward to getting my hands on the boost(s).

:agree

ButchR

Komet Player
Double Platinum Member
Been waiting. I'm ordering! Oh by the way Mason, do I get a discount on your pedalboard creation for me if every pedal is one of yours? Lol....I gotta stop somehow.

Desperado

Vertex Effects, Inc.
Been waiting. I'm ordering! Oh by the way Mason, do I get a discount on your pedalboard creation for me if every pedal is one of yours? Lol....I gotta stop somehow.

That would be AWESOME Butch!

What will you do for delay though? No Vertex delay....yet...

ButchR

Komet Player
Double Platinum Member
So I could use my Vertex volume pedal as an expression pedal with the Vertex boost?

rotren

I haven't heard either pedal, but they look AWESOME! Very high tech cool look. Well done!

Desperado

Vertex Effects, Inc.
Just the concept of the EXP as a transparent volume pedal is very exciting!

Thanks JDouglee!

So I could use my Vertex volume pedal as an expression pedal with the Vertex boost?

Yes..or any other EXP for that matter. It's designed to be used with any EXP with a 10K pot (which is most).

I haven't heard either pedal, but they look AWESOME! Very high tech cool look. Well done!

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom