1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Very quick drunker Suhr OD50 clip

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by SteveVHT, Aug 8, 2005.

1. SteveVHT

SteveVHT Member

OK, now for the disclaimer....:D
    Done last night after about a 12 pack...
    I miced brand new MC90 speakers with a E609 mic. I literally just stuck the mic in front of the cone and hit record, so it's a tad bit bright sounding. Once the speakers break in a bit, I will do an actual recording with multiple mics including a MD421 and a 57.

*****NOTE*****
    The playing is sloppy ass drunk horrible.
    The gain was on 5(noon), and I played it with the low output Suhr pups in my LE chambered Suhr....

It's a little high in the mix so you can hear it a bit better....
    Steve
    http://www.digitalsoundplanet.com/Members/000141130_000012021_proj.mp3

Backing by Warren aka Blackstratblues

2. Schmoo

Schmoo Member

That sounds excellent man ::: note to self, add e609 mic to GAS list :::

Derek

3. t0neg0d

t0neg0d Member

I'm with ya there! The E609 rocks... don't use an SM57... ever... ever. Did I mention to not use an SM57? I have heard it mentioned that the 57 is an industry standby... and YES... that is exactly what I want to do when I hear my amp recorded with one... put it on standby.

This clip rocks... your getting a killer tone and I am betting it is a fairly accurate rep of what you are hearing in the room (minus ambience of course).

Love the playing!

4. Deaj

Deaj Silver Supporting Member

That sounds great! Thanks for posting it :)

BTW: Are you using the new e609 (silver) or an original e609?

Thanks!

5. SteveVHT

SteveVHT Member

A very poorly placed new one...:D
    I'll post a few more this week. I'm going to use a MD421 through a mic pre, and experiment with a secondary and probably a large diaphragm for ambience.
    I just reall rushed this...:D
    But the amp kills....
    Steve

6. Deaj

Deaj Silver Supporting Member

Wow, I'd heard less than glowing remarks about the e609 Silver as a guitar amp mic but it sounds great in your clip!

Your playing sounds great too! :dude

Speaking of great sound it sounds like that amp kicks A$$!! I got a listen on my home computer with better speakers. Great lead tone!

7. SteveVHT

SteveVHT Member

Thanks...
    It's a bit bright because I didn't EQ it at all, and the mic was almost dead center on the cone....
    I'm recording a few more tomorrow night and I'll post them.
    Heavy
    Low gain, clean etc....
    Steve

8. MightyGuru

MightyGuru Member

Diggin the tone and playing. Thanks for the clip of the OD50. Very much looking forward to the next batch o clips!