• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Very small truss rod access hole?

NoahL

friend brought me a US G&L bass that had had its neck replaced with a non-G&L neck. The luthier shaped the headstock G&L style, and there are no markings at the butt of the neck. The hole in the headstock to access the truss rid nut is barely bigger than the hex wrench necessary. And the nut is way down there! The neck is at maximum tension and still too much relief. If I had to add washers inside, however would I do it? Drill the hole bigger? Why are necks made this way?

AdmiralB

How are you adjusting it? Under tension?

If so, try removing the strings and loosening the rod. Then (with a helper) gently force some back-bow into the neck, and while holding it thus, tighten up the rod. Sometimes this does the job.

If it's a dual-acting rod (and it kind of sounds as if it is), then there are no washers to add.

NoahL

I'll do just that. I adjusted it with the strings quite slack. Thanks - will report back.

Trending Topics