Very weird experience selling a used pedal...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by StevenStrat, Jul 8, 2019.

1. FokenBusker

FokenBusker Member

This. It's not even a weird voltage. 9v is the standard. 500ma is a little above average but not an inaccessible item by any stretch.

2. monty

monty Member

Agreed. I'd rather take a beating at the local shop for trade in than deal with those folks.

Jabberwocky and FokenBusker like this.
  3. Pick'n'strum

Pick'n'strum Member

Didn't read this entire thread but I always assume the power supply is NOT included unless it's stated in the ad...

4. stratotastic

stratotastic Member

Maybe you should read the thread. The item comes new with a power source. It's part of the package. It would be like selling a car without tires.

spiral and Jabberwocky like this.
  5. coltonius

coltonius Señor Member Silver Supporting Member

And if it mattered, you’d have asked right? Like a normal person? :)

6. McShred

McShred Supporting Member

Surely you're not that daft. The pedal didn't ship from the factory with any of those things, but it did ship with a power supply...a proprietary one at that. (the M5 consumes a higher MA draw (400) than many daisy chains and cheaper power supplies can deliver.

Thats like selling someone an amp and forgetting to tell them the power tubes are not included. The amp ships with tubes, will not operate without tubes, ergo tubes are implicitly included with it unless stated otherwise. Remind me not to do business with you in the emporium.

Jabberwocky and StompBoxBlues like this.
  7. gjohnson441496lpjr

gjohnson441496lpjr Member

You want to piss him off even more? Send him the power supply now.

CEFlint, BlueRiff, spiral and 7 others like this.
  8. coltonius

Easy there. No need to be a drama queen.. Once again the message is:

Don’t assume. It if matters, ask.

I’ve purchased several items that were just a photo of a pedal and been pleasantly surprised when it shows up in a box with all of its niceties from the manufacturer. If I needed to know for sure, I asked before buying. Problem solved.

Not dealing with people in the emporium because of something humorous they said in a thread is a poor reflection of you, not that person. It’s a cold world out there. You’ve got to look after yourself because nobody is going to do it for you. (That means doing your homework.)

9. TwoHandsTenThumbs

TwoHandsTenThumbs Silver Supporting Member

Actually, thats’s exactly what we are talking about. A Boss PSA-120, regular ole 9V. That’s exactly what it needs. The EHX is also the same specs, but 1/3 the price.

Seriously...it’s just about the most standard thing in the world. Cheap as a set of strings. It would cost more in postage to ship, than the dang adapter costs to buy!

Simon and coltonius like this.
  10. Obsessive Tinkerer

Obsessive Tinkerer Member

Hmm, are you suggesting I shouldn’t have smashed the original Klon I bought that didn’t have a pickled monkey in the box... where was this thread when I needed it?! Haha

11. McShred

A PSA 120 streets for $30, shipping a USPS priority mail flat rate envelope is $6
    https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/PSA120S--roland-psa-120s-power-supply

12. TwoHandsTenThumbs

And new, the BOSS is about the most expensive option out there!

You can buy the 500ma EHX for $10. You can buy a generic one on Amazon, free shipping, for $7 or $8.

Seriously. A lot of drama over a USED device, missing a part that hardly covers the cost of a coffee run.

If people want boxes, manuals, power cables, twist ties, and plastic pouches...buy new. It’ll stress you out less.

Abram4235 likes this.
  13. TwoHandsTenThumbs

Exactly. As I indicated in my post as well.

14. McShred

The EHX version uses a step down transformer, which gets hot and can create noise, and takes two plug spaces on a power strip. The boss unit (and the one the M5 currently ships with) are switching transformers, create very little heat, low noise and occupy only one plug space on a power strip.

Jabberwocky and Vhailor like this.
  15. MojoRisin

MojoRisin Member

Just to mess with him, solder a barrel plug to a hamster wheel and mail it to him. Write on the box..."hamster not included."

Abram4235, JPH118 and coltonius like this.
  16. awallace

awallace Member

Only 200mA though... doesn't the M5 draw about 300mA?

Jabberwocky and McShred like this.
  17. coltonius

So clearly you’re the guy who demands the most expensive form of recompense available when wronged. :rolleyes: (“My cheeseburger came with onions when I clearly said NO ONIONS. I want a new cheeseburger and free Happy Meals for a month!”)

I think it’s fair to say a comparable power supply is owed, not the “Cadillac” version.

Fair point. I’m 100% sure a comparable supply can be found without spending a very dramatic $36 though.

18. Vhailor

Vhailor Supporting Member

Ah, but if you knew Susie like I know Susie, oh what a girl!

splatt likes this.
  19. andybaylor

andybaylor Supporting Member

I’m going with this.
    (Dick move not including the power supply.)

Simon and Jabberwocky like this.
  20. COYS

COYS Supporting Member

Unless it comes with everything that it came with originally, I want it disclosed.