VFE incoming !!!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by lefort_1, Jul 15, 2019.

1. lefort_1

lefort_1 Nuzzled Firmly Betwixt Gold Supporting Member

A Mobius Strip (dual delay) and a Woodchipper (Brassmaster w/mods) landed down by the front gate this morning.

It's a sad day when a great builder retires his or her soldering iron, but I'm happy to have a chance at these two unique takes on somewhat offbeat pedal-themes.

Anyone else get their pedals from Peter yet?

hehehe, I can't wait to try the Woodchipper in parallel with my old MXR Bass Octave.
    Gonna use the Ovation Magnum 3 for maximum rip-ness.
    I might have to repossess my old Ampeg 2x15 cab from my BIL...

Hofnarr, urQuill, lexreverb and 2 others like this.
  2. JackfromAK

JackfromAK Gold Supporting Member

I just got my Dragon about 15 minutes ago. It's my first VFE pedal and there was definitely that moment of "oh wait, this is something really special" - and it didn't take a bunch of dialing in to get there. I'm really excited about it. Trying not to feel too bad about not getting on board before the last batch since a person can't try everything, but there's some rueful shaking of the head.

3. PedalCrazyFool

PedalCrazyFool Member

Oh yeah, the Chipper! Congrats!

Someday I'd love one of those. I have a Tractor Beam and can't say enough about it, the thing is just magnificent.

4. fetishfrog

fetishfrog Member

Congrats! My Klein Bottle should be here Wednesday.

MoarGear, lexreverb and coltonius like this.
  5. JackfromAK

JackfromAK Gold Supporting Member

Just like I did the last time I had an eagerly long-awaited pedal show up, I immediately had to leave for an extended length of time. Hooray!

6. urQuill

urQuill Supporting Member

Looking forward to an Old School. Got the Tilt at home, waiting for some time.

7. MoarGear

MoarGear Member

I'd like to check one of those out one day.

8. Holzar88

Holzar88 Silver Supporting Member

VFE rocks. And Peter's pedals seem to be developing a bit of a cult following.

Fretlessbaby likes this.
  9. beckstriad

beckstriad I'm frosting a cake with a paper knife Gold Supporting Member

Got my alpha dog and pale horse in today! Looking forward to trying them out tomorrow. Really well built pedals.

LordThurisaz likes this.
  10. stephen sawall

stephen sawall Member

Peter makes great pedals.

LordThurisaz likes this.
  11. LordThurisaz

LordThurisaz Member

I really wish I could've bought an Ice Scream and Blues King from this last run. C'est la vie, I guess.

12. LordThurisaz

LordThurisaz Member

Do NOT play unless you have hours to play, because you literally will spend hours dialing them in. Not that it'll take hours to get great tones, but you'll play, tweak knobs, play, tweak knobs, play, tweak knobs...

And unlike typical knob tweaking excursions where you end up frustrated, instead, you're more likely to want more of these two pedals to have different settings to mix and match and stack. The Pale Horse, Merman, and The Scream sound great when paired with an Alpha Dog. At least for me, when I spend hours playing these pedals, I turn off jazzed wanting to play more, which brings me back the next day for more.

urQuill likes this.