VHT Deliverance 120 vs.60

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Blue Finger, Jan 23, 2006.

1. Blue Finger

Blue Finger Member

Well, I haven't had GAS pains for a while but now I find myself jonesing for another single channel "clean to scream with my guitars volume knob" amp. I've done a search and read all the threads on the Deliverance. I'm trying to get a feel for the difference between the 60 watt and the 120 watt. I tend to like the higher powered amps; to my ears they usually have a "bigger" sound. I assume the 120 will have a bit more headroom than the 60 and probably a more solid bottom end.
    If any of you guys have heard or played both, I'd love to hear from you.
    Also, any suggestions on the best place to buy one, and the going price would be appreciated.

2. Blue Finger

Blue Finger Member

Come on, I know we have some VHT gurus around here ;) .

3. SteveVHT

SteveVHT Member

I only have the 120 right now, but will have a 60 in the next week or two...
    In a word...HUGE is it...
    The best part is the Master really works. You can get awesome tones a bedroom levels. All the clips I did were at regular TV volumes...LOL
    I can let you know in a short while...
    Steve

Oh, speak to Jason at www.drumcityguitarland.com for the VHT stuff.. He has a 120 in stock.

4. Blue Finger

Blue Finger Member

5. jbird

jbird Member

It is my new dream amp, and the clips, DT/Splatt's "wanking" is astonishing! Thank You!

6. miltwill

miltwill Member

I'm really interested in the d60. No one around here has any in stock, and i'm very reluctant to buy amps without playing them. How does the amp feel? Is it tight, soft, does it have much sag/compression? I was floored by the soundclips and the price seems great.

7. UconnJack

UconnJack Member

I had a D60. I would classify it as extremely tight with a super fast attack. Zero Sag.

8. miltwill

miltwill Member

Interesting... Thanks for the reply.

9. keith_t4e

keith_t4e Member

It is one of the few amps whereby the lower wattage is significantly less mula than the higher wattage amp. Think about it. With a marshall, john suhr, fuchs etc the price difference between 100 and 50 watt amps is like 100 bucks. With the deliverance it is what $400 or so.

10. jbird

jbird Member

So then, will the D60 clean up well in a high gain setting? As I've heard with the D120.

11. tiltrite

tiltrite Member

soon to be purchasing a Deliverance keeping an open ear for Deliverance info such as 60 vs. 120. Played a D60 at namm and just fell in love.

12. mentoneman

mentoneman Guest

i played both and personally the 60 was far and away the winner. it sounded and felt more balanced in the low end. which consequently allows you to use the mid and treble controls to your advantage versus trying to compensate for too much bottom end.

nice amp which blends old school inner voice with modern aggresion.

13. Blue Finger

Blue Finger Member

Well, I couldn't stand it any longer. My Deliverance 120 will be here on Monday :). I decided on the 120 because of what history has taught me... I always tend to like the sound of the higher wattage amps. They usually have a "bigger" sound, from my experience. It was a tough decision between the 60 and the 120, because 60 watts is not what I would call a low wattage amp. Hopefully I made the right decision.

14. SteveVHT

SteveVHT Member

You will love it...
    I know I do..
    Steve

15. tiltrite

tiltrite Member

where is a great place to order vht/deliverance gear from. I'm looking for a 60 and a deliverance 2x12 cab.

16. Blue Finger

Blue Finger Member

I bought mine from Jason at www.drumcityguitarland.com . SteveVHT recommended him to me. He gave me a fair price and he was a pleasure to deal with. I believe he said that he had a 60 watter on its way to him. Better hurry, I heard the prices were going up :eek: .

17. Madsman

Madsman Member

I have heard both, but own a D120H and have obviously heard it a great deal more. I don't think it has a preponderance of low end. It's a very well balanced amp. It's very tight, but it's not "zero sag" ... that really seems to depend on where you set the 2 preamp controls.

I use mine in the "less" mode primarily, and don't think I'll be using "more" until I get around to doing some serious "me-time" recording. The amp has a lot of punch and balls. It can rock out great, but it seems to have a lot of subtlety to it as well, which makes it pretty unique to my ears. I don't think it's a jack of all trades kind of amp... it seems to want to do a few things, very well. It wouldn't be my first amp of choice for some gigs, but for what I'm doing right now, I'm finding it indispensable.

18. keith_t4e

keith_t4e Member

i can't wait to try this amp out. I want the 60. If they go up in price so soon, I may not buy. I'm sick of everything going up.