VHT fans?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by TornadoOfSouls, May 16, 2008.

1. TornadoOfSouls

TornadoOfSouls Member

There has to be some VHT fans on here, after all there's nothing that compares to the raw power and clarity of VHT amps.

What do you got and how do you like it?

[​IMG]

My 2/90/2.

I originally wanted a 2150, but I spent 3 months dealing with gear snobs over E-Bay who thought they could get over 2,000$ for a 2150.

After a lot of speculating and people telling me that the 2/90/2 is generally a modernized 2150 that weighs less and saves some rack spaces.

Couldn't be happier that I got this. It sounds exactly like the 2150 to the ear.

Immense power, incredible clarity and one hell of a punchy boost from those KT88s.

My favorite power amp by far.

2. rwe333

rwe333 Supporting Member

Count me in...
    I've liked every VHT I've played.
    Currently using a PB45, thanks to 'rh'.

3. Bryan T

Bryan T Guitar Owner Silver Supporting Member

I don't own one, but I'm a big fan of Ken Rosser's Pitbull. Sounds great and takes pedals really well.

Bryan

4. robbph37

robbph37 Member

I have a 2/50/2 that I use with my Egnater M4 and I like the sound and options that it has. Good thick tone! I bought it used for $650 so it was a great bargain.

5. Jim S

Jim S Silver Supporting Member Supporting Member

I am thinking of getting the VHT Two-Fifty-Two power amp for my Soldano X99 preamp. This is the power amp with EL34s rated at fifty watts.
    Since I have a Soldano SLO powered with 5881s, my rationale is the EL34 powered amp would diverse the tonal options.

6. lionscut

lionscut Member

7. stratzrus

stratzrus Philadelphia Jazz, Funk, and R&B Supporting Member

My Sig:X just arrived a the store...me verry happppy now.

[​IMG]

8. Sam801

Sam801 Member

I have a Fatbottom 4x12 I love.

I've had a Pittbull 100 CL and a D60H in the past. Both were good. But ultimately not my cup of tea. I greatly prefer the D120H to the D60H, there is a lot more headroom and thickness to it. The Pittbull UL with the EQ is also one of the best amps I've ever played.

I'm excited to hear the Sig:X.

9. fetishfrog

fetishfrog Member

Green Tolexed 50/ST and matching 2x12 cab. With rehearsals and shows in 2007, she logged 200 days at 3 hrs a pop with narry an issue.

Black as black can be Deliverance D120H...oh the brutality...all I need is a matching 2x12.

I like my VHT's.

10. Kelly

Kelly Member

Had my D60 for 2 years, still love the thing.

11. chillerthanmost

chillerthanmost Member

The VHT fatbottom 4x12 is a fantasitic cab. those P50E Eminence are very dark, clear, crisp, and heavy speakers. It makes a great pair with the Pittbull CL 100. I really like the tone we get out of that head but sometimes its a little too noisy but that is also because our guitarist uses it at a very high gain setting. I like a darker, warmer setting which it can also pull off nicely. I tried out the Pittbull UL with the EQ at the VHT factory in Burbank and it blew me away! But even with a VHT endorsment discount that thing is still a little out of my price range. We get a good deal on the cabs but I'm more of a Celestion guy so I'm rocking an Orange and a couple Emperor cabs. I highly recommend VHT to people though. Very versitale heads and cabs. They are getting real popular now days.

-Tony

12. DISTORT6

DISTORT6 Member

Newer VHT fan. My Sig:X has changed everything.

13. DEMENTED

DEMENTED Supporting Member

Love 'em, I have a D60 now, have owned an Ultralead, PB Forty-Five w/ the 4x10 cab, and a ST/50. GASSING for a Sig X now........

14. chillerthanmost

chillerthanmost Member

the SigX looks insanely complicated... I like simple amps. I love the sound of the VHT PB CL100 but I much rather prefer the simpleness of my Sovtek Mig100h... maybe I should try the Deliverence :hiP

15. Rayneman

Rayneman Supporting Member

I have an '06 Ultralead coming early next week. In the past I've had:

100/CLX: Older model, no EQ...nice amp always wondered what I was missing with the graphic EQ so I traded it away.

50/CL: Very cool amp, dug the overdrive tones but really needed a dedicated clean channel

I'm hoping the UL will be a monster!

16. vettelt11992

vettelt11992 Member

Here here for the sig x....

17. Rod

Rod Tone is Paramount Silver Supporting Member

I had a Super 30 combo and stupidLY SOLD IT...One of my dummer amps sales

18. TornadoOfSouls

TornadoOfSouls Member

Man, that Sig X is looking real nice right now.

19. Hamer95USA

Hamer95USA Member

Hey guys,

I'm a proud owner of my first VHT combo amp, a green tolex 2001 Pitbull 45/12 ( I forgot the seller's TGP screen name). It gives me a nice Hiwatt/Fender clean tone and JCM 800 style overdrive when I crank the gain. I use the effects loop in series and use the effects level knob as a master volume so I don't have to buy or drag around a THD Hot Plate attenuator to tame the volume. I installed a Celestion Vintage 30 speaker in it to thicken up the tone of the amp. I like the way it sounds as part of my "grab & go" guitar rig. A really underrated guitar amp that is sort of misunderstood.

Guitar George

20. jlagrassa

jlagrassa Supporting Member

I've got a Pittbull Super 30 which is a sweet little amp its got plenty of volume for 30 watts and a good amount of gain as well but not like its Metal brothers it will do country clean to good old hard rock, like Guitar George I use the fx level knob like a master volume which works quite well!