VHT (Fryette) Pitbull 45 Schematic??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Rude Mule, Jan 19, 2015.

1. Rude Mule

Rude Mule Member

Does anyone have a Schematic for a Fryette era VHT Pitbull 45 ?? I am having some issues with channel 2 and my local tech is not getting much response form the folks at Fryette amplification. Prior to taking the amp in for repair, I attempted to make contact with them regarding a schematic and/or the process for sending the amp to them for repair, but got no response. Is this normal ?? Any VHT or Fryette owners want to weigh in??

2. Rude Mule

Rude Mule Member

Thanks for the link. It was informative, but it doesn't quite address my schematic problem, or the lack of communication i get from the folks at Fryette.

3. tone?

tone? Supporting Member

I know you probably dont want to hear this but just send it to Fryette.
    Their turn around time and charges are awesome and they will get it fixed 100%.

doesnt cost too much to send either.

4. Aquinas

Aquinas Supporting Member

It's NAMM this week, so communication may be problematic until next week.

I'd re-send the request then.

5. splatt

splatt david torn / splattercell Gold Supporting Member

6. Rude Mule

Rude Mule Member

I have tried. I emailed them on several different occasions, over the course of several months and gotten no response. I have a hard time crossing my fingers and shipping an amp across country to a company that doesn't respond to emails, and no longer has a phone number on their website. My local amp tech has not gotten any responses either.

7. tone?

tone? Supporting Member

That's weird
    All my emails and calls get responded to very quickly

Not saying I don't believe you

But yeah now with namm around they are real busy

8. tone?

tone? Supporting Member

Did you leave them a real nice vm ?

something like "hey you D4ckheads, i have an amp here of yours that has an issue, want to send me a service number or should i throw it out the window?"

lol

i would but thats just me.

9. support

support Member

Sorry, for that.

Normally if you don't get a reply, either we didn't get your request or you didn't get our reply. Probably 1 in 5 responses we send - possibly more - end up in the recipients spam folder.

We have auto-reply on because of NAMM but that doesn't seem to be reliably responding to every incoming email either. Some people are just lucky I guess.

Best to wait till after January 26 and arrange to send the amp here. Turnaround time is usually a week or less and we have a flat $60 labor charge plus parts.

Include your full name, phone, return shipping address, model #, serial# and problem description.

Or you could try tone?'s approach. That might get you....

....nowhere :)

10. shanesiegle

shanesiegle Supporting Member

I was gonna say they always have gotten back to me the few times I had questions.

11. tone?

tone? Supporting Member

Ha I knew that would get you!

I'm just gonna leave a vm like that for fun.
    Lol

Jk

12. Rude Mule

Rude Mule Member

Quick update for those interested:

I picked my amp up today from my local tech. We have both given up. He contacted Fryette support the week after NAMM, and after some phone tag over the course of the following weeks, nothing could get resolved. My tech would call and they were unavailable to speak, or they would call when he was working on another amp. Ultimately, the responses ceased completely. I personally called and left VM, AND PM'd support last thursday (2/12), and have gotten no response. Shipping their products back to California for repairs (simple or otherwise) seems to be the only option at this point.

13. teveinsene

teveinsene Member

That's to bad, hope you can get a fix. My old CLX has been bullet proof so I have not needed Customer Service yet. Only a matter of time now for the unofficial Fryette police to arrive to this thread and chew your but for anything negative said about the company.

14. Rude Mule

Rude Mule Member

Really? I have not been assailed for anything up to this point, and this thread is a month old. Maybe they noticed "support" had responded an hour and a half into the thread and assumed everything was going to be fine?

15. shanesiegle

Is he the only tech in your area? The only reason i'm asking is because the Fryette design's are a fair bit more complex sometimes than your typical Marshall etc. My area has a few techs and I can only think of two guys I would trust with it.

16. Rude Mule

Rude Mule Member

He is not the only tech, just the only one I trust. I agree, the Fryette design is likely more complicated than typical Marshall, but I cant imagine this particular design being any more complex than my Mark IV?

Either way, I am sending it back to them. I emailed a few procedural questions yesterday, and will ship out as soon as they respond, which appears to be about a week. Live and learn I guess.

17. shanesiegle

They will do it right. I doubt it is any more complicated than the Mark, but that is a very popular amp and I bet schematics are available. Best of luck.

18. rwe333

rwe333 Supporting Member

Thought there were some schematics posted at the Fryette Users Forum.

I've always had great service from Steve et al. You're in good hands...

19. Rude Mule

Rude Mule Member

So I emailed AND left voice mail with questions regarding their repair and shipping procedures on the February 19th. I have yet to hear back. My dilemma is this: Do I ship this amp to them and hope that it will be received, repaired, invoiced, and shipped back, with some level of efficiency?? Or, should I expect to have no idea of the amps status and whereabouts for several months since no one answers the phone and rarely answers an email? What do you guys think?? Play it safe or walk on the wild side??