• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

VHT Lead 40: any experience?

slast

Hey TGP. I've been lurking here for a while and finally decided to sign up. I'm a poor college student and I've been playing guitar for a little over two years. My first amp, which I still own, is a Fender Super Champ XD. Great little amp for what it is, but I've been wanting to get a proper tube amp lately.

The guitar professor at my university is selling a VHT Lead 40 for $500, but I can't hardly find any reviews on it. The specs on paper seem nice, but I'm aware of who VHT is now owned by, so I'm a little skeptical about the quality. Does anyone have any extended experience with one and can comment on the build quality and reliability?

It might be a little more amp than I need right now since I don't gig, but better to have and not need than need and not have, eh? I tend to like clean to edge-of-breakup more than high gain stuff, and Fender and Vox tones as well. Any suggestions?

Trending Topics