VHT sig X problem ????

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by snoggin, Jun 14, 2008.

1. snoggin

snoggin Member

Hi I have a vht sig x I picked up from the emporium and twice now it has stopped making noise. nada Once during a rehearsal when I set the guitar down for about 10 minutes and came back and...... nothing.. That time i had it plugged into an Ultimate Attenuator which has given me isuues with kicking on..I shut it off and went to another amp for the rest of the rehearsal and figured I would check it out the next day,

Yesterday Iwent into it just guitar cable amp and it worked fine. I went up for dinner and got caught up in major teenae drama and forgot to shut it down all night.. I dont think this is really a problem and shouldnt realy hurt the amp but this morning I came down and ,,,,,, ,nada

Could it have a heat sensor that is cutting in from temp related issues? I shut it off for about ten minutes and went back and it works fine again.. I think it may need a fan or something.

I want to use it for an outdoor gig this afternoon and since it will be outside on the San francisco bay it will be cooled naturally, but i will have a backup right there just in case.

Is there a technical reason the ampo would cut out like this.. all lights and functions remain active during the outages

2. 6AM

6AM Supporting Member

SgtThump at Rig-Talk.com had a similar issue with his.

3. Steve Snider

Steve Snider Member

Mine had a problem with cutting out and making a thumping sound after every lead passage or phrase. 1 single thump after every run. Annoying as hell but Dave at VHT was helpful in diagnosing the problem and after trying some things it turned out to be a bad tube in V3. I would call VHT.

4. DonW

DonW Velocity Town Angel Silver Supporting Member

Call VHT, don't email. Also check out VHT Users Forum. There have been some problems and solutions posted there.

5. snoggin

snoggin Member

thanks,, I will bring it to my gig and see how that goes and just have a backup ready to go.. I'll call VHT also

6. Wallace

Wallace Silver Supporting Member

Check your pm/email box....

7. snoggin

snoggin Member

Well on a good note. I just figured out that the footswitch has a memory and you can probgram the boost ona nd off for the different channels it always goes backto the last configuration.... COOL

It sounds like a heat issue and i will probably just turn the amp off while on break.. Wallace has some insight into a permanent fix it seems..

Gotta pack fo rhte gig,, Later