VHT Ultra-Lead video...

Discussion in 'Gear Demo Videos & Sound Clips Archive' started by SgtThump, Feb 26, 2009.

1. Guitar Josh

Guitar Josh Resident Curmudgeon

Reminds me why I love this amp so much.

2. Mark Kane

Mark Kane Gold Supporting Member Silver Supporting Member

You do a great job demoing amps. Going through the channels and doing chords, single note stuff. I don't know if it's just the recording but the Egnater Tourmaster seemed to pretty much hang with the big dogs everywhere but the cleans.

3. CALI68

CALI68 Member

Really nice job! The tones are great but I particularly love the tone at 2:12 when you turn your guitar down a bit. Very cool!

-Chris

4. SgtThump

SgtThump Supporting Member

Thanks man... The Tourmaster DID hold it's own IMO. I thought the Tourmaster sounded like a million bucks and so did anyone else that heard it. It's a nice amp. I see people dawg that amp alot, but it's killer.

There are two versions of the Tourmaster out there. I remember trying the early one a year or so ago and it had a flubby low end and kinda weird highs (if I remember right.) But this new version has a much better tone with tighter lows.

I think it's great. I took it back to GC, but only because I wanted to quickly raise money for the Landry. If it wasn't for that, I would've had that Tourmaster around for a while.

Chris

5. SgtThump

Thanks! I believe that's where I switch to the weaker McCarty neck pickup. It has less output, which cleans up the tone a bit. Sounds good for bluesy stuff like that, though!

Chris

6. mrmax

mrmax Member

I have an early UL (94") , KT 88's w/o EQ , love it & wouldn't ever consider selling or trading ...it's that great!! :):)

7. SgtThump

I wonder if anything has changed in the circuit from the early versions to the new versions? Any idea?

8. SgtThump