• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Vibe Newbie Question

TMock

Hi All,

So I have been looking at vibes lately (FoxRox, KR, Sweet Sound, etc.). They all have the chorus/vibrato switch but I was under the impression that the "chorus" is not really a chorus, but is just described as such. Then I read a Guitar Jam Daily review of the MegaVibe posted on the KR website. The reviewer says the chorus setting on the MegaVibe nails his old Roland CE-1 sounds.

I was planning on buying a Retro-Sonic Stereo Chorus to get those Roland CE-1 sounds, but if I can get them in a vibe pedal so much the better. So my question has two parts, I guess. 1) Is the chorus setting on any of these vibes like an actual chorus? 2) If so, which do you think really gets the Roland CE-1 sound?

loosegroove

The Chorus on Uni-Vibe style pedals is not the same as a typical chorus. The chorus mode on vibe pedals is really more a phaser. Granted the Boss CE-1 is not your typical chorus either, as it is much more lush, swirly, and pseudo phase-like, so maybe there are some sounds in a CE-1 that can be somewhat copped with a KR MegaVibe. But for the most part that review makes no sense. If you are looking for Boss CE-1 chorus tones definitely go with the Retro-Sonic.

TMock

Thanks, loosegroove. That's very helpful, and basically what I expected. I'm a complete neophyte when it comes to vibes and choruses, but that reviewer's tonal comparisons didn't make much sense to me.

Now I have to decide if I can make room for a vibe of some sort and a chorus on my board. :D

isfahani

Soooo is there any other pedal that nails that CE1 sound? The Retro sounds great but it's a bit pricey, and I don't need the vibrato.

loosegroove

Soooo is there any other pedal that nails that CE1 sound? The Retro sounds great but it's a bit pricey, and I don't need the vibrato.
I don't think so...and I wish there were. The Voodoo Lab Chorus was meant to replicate the sound, but it doesn't nail it (plus some people have complained about treble and volume boosts when engaged). But for me I think I need to revisit the Voodoo Lab. It should fit the bill since it provides a unique swirling chorus unlike most modern chorus pedals that are too shimmery. I don't need a CE-1 exactly, just in the ball park.