• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Vibe or Trem?

guitarz_dave

If you were going to pick just one, which would it be? Vibe seems much better when playing with gain for the slow pulse, and good with clean. Trem seems better on clean for a shimmer, but not quite as good with gain. Which would you pick and why if you were just going to have one on your board?

sanhozay

klon free since 2009
Gold Supporting Member
Trem is the one I prefer because I like the pulse over the swoosh, especially for finger picking swampy blues.

devnulljp

You could always go both...JC Maillet/Viva Analog * does a fantastic custom build trem-vibe.
Soundclip here

He calls it a Univibe Oscillator crossed with jFET emulation of Fender VibroChamp bias modulator
(If you're a modder, you might recognise him from his univibe small stone mods posted on the diy forums)

*No relation other than he fixes my amps and I have one of his straight mono vibes...a great builder and all-round good guy IMO.

kev324

Gold Supporting Member
Ohh, tough call, I've been a big fan of trem for a while but lately I've been diggin the vibe. For blues and funk vibe is the way to go, but trem works great for country, rock, and alternative. If I had to choose I'd probably pick trem but for now I'm sticking with both.

Trending Topics