vibe pedal makes fuzz thin and buzzy. What gives?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Tonecap, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Tonecap

Tonecap Member

I'm using a strat into a analogman ntk-275 into a mjm sixties vibe into plexi with mild breakup. On their own they both sound good. Together, not so much. The sweep of the vibe makes the fuzz sound buzzy especially on the pick attacks where you'd normally notice the "fuzz bloom". Its like a grainy buzziness behind the louder fuzz tone. Is this normal? Running the fuzz into my tim helps but is still not quite as smooth as I'd like it to be or what I've heard out of others rigs. What am I doing wrong?

2. Steven

Steven Member

In my experience fuzz before vibe often sounds thin. I always have the vibe before fuzz. YMMW of course but give it a try.

3. Tonecap

Tonecap Member

Ok, so I did some swapping around.

1. fuzz>vibe>tim not as buzzy. The tim helps smooth things out.

2. vibe>fuzz>tim this seems to give me the most liquidy/juicy sound. I
    wanna say, more trower - bridge of sighs.

I'd say definately OD pedals after the vibe. I'm still on the fence about which side to put the fuzz though.

I'll keep messing. I wonder how trower ran his setup as that is really the sound I'm going for. Thanks for the input

4. ZeroChan

ZeroChan Member

Vibe after fuzz is more susceptible for it to sound 'phaser-y'. I prefer vibe before everything.

5. Tonecap

Tonecap Member

Think I'm starting to lean the same way.