Vibe pedal?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Muse-ic, Sep 21, 2005.

1. Muse-ic

Muse-ic Member

I'm sure this has been discussed many times, but - I'm looking for a good vibe pedal with true bypass and no coloration of the original tone, "vintage" sound, not to big, and under $150 - the cheaper the better only because right now cash is at a premium....:p

Any suggestions? :confused:

2. pacomc79

pacomc79 Member

The Lovepedal Magicboy vibe is very good.

The Sweet Sound Mo Faux is very good

and the Shannon Uniphase is very good although it's not listed on the website you have to ask Eric for it.

www.lovepedal.com

www.sweetsound.com

www.shannon-effects.com

it just depends on the actual sound you desire.

3. Jumblefingers

Jumblefingers Supporting Member

Have you heard/tried the new FauxVibe from Bob? How does is compare/differ from the Magicboy? Thanks!

4. GCDEF

GCDEF Supporting Member

I'm happy with the Dunlop Uni-Vibe stereo chorus.

5. madsr

madsr Member

+1 for the magicboy vibe...$130 shipped brand new..can't beat it for the $...a friend of mine has a fulltone deja'vibe which is a fantastic vibe...but double the money...the lovepedal does everything I need out of a vibe with no frills..sounds great!

6. Phil M

Phil M Supporting Member

I've got the lovepedal vibe too. It's close enough for rock and roll, and maybe even better than that! I loves it, I really do.... :D

7. slowburn

slowburn Supporting Member

I 2nd that... sometimes we get too wrapped up in tweakability of options, the lovepedal vibe is totally good enough for rock n' roll and frankly, I haven't had the need to adjust the internal control....

8. Priestunes

Priestunes Member

Another vote in favor of Lovepedal's vibe... I did mess with the internal trim and spent a LONG time getting it back to the original position. Sean has a great ear and makes cool gear.

9. Muse-ic

Muse-ic Member

Thanks for the info - the Lovepedal doesn't have a DC jack, right?

10. slowburn

11. Gril Grissom

Gril Grissom Member

i think the Mo Faux does have a 9v jack for just a bit more

baterrie$ who need 'en? :D Bob correct me, if i'm mistaken

12. jpapillon

jpapillon Guest

The Lovepedal vibe seems pretty interesting, but I'm worried about batteries... I run my wah, overdrive, and fuzz from batteries, but I imagine a vibe would not have very good battery life.

Anybody know anything about the Magicboy's battery life?

13. Bob Sweet

Bob Sweet Member

You are correct. I don't do battery only pedals. There's enough to worry about onstage than if my batteries are dying. :eek:

14. madsr

madsr Member

"The Lovepedal vibe seems pretty interesting, but I'm worried about batteries... I run my wah, overdrive, and fuzz from batteries, but I imagine a vibe would not have very good battery life.

Anybody know anything about the Magicboy's battery life?"

I've had mine for about a month now...use it everyday...still has the battery that came in it...

15. Jumblefingers

Jumblefingers Supporting Member

Just got the MoFax after the Magicboy...observations:

1 - MoFaux is smaller, nicer looking (mojo), has both battery and AC power.
    2 - Magicboy has a slightly stonger effect and accentuates the mids more. Sounds a tad better AFTER distortion.
    3 - MoFaux sounds slightly "tamer/warmer" and softer and the sweep is more "wobbly" than the Magicboy. The MoFaux has a "throb" that is more traditional to a univibe.
    4 - MoFaux is more subtle and sounds REALLY good in front of all kinds of OD/Distortion, has a better build quality IMHO and may be more useful all around.

Both are quite good for the $$$ but I am more fond of the MoFaux. Sounds Mo-Effin" good!

16. slowburn

I never played thru any other vibe besides my lovepedal. and I don't need to try any others. the battery only thing is not an issue with me. still going strong after nearly 2 months... also, it matches perfectly with my black lovepedal eternity.

edit: after reading pickhead's post below, I do the same thing (disconnecting the input jack when not in use)

17. Priestunes

Priestunes Member

I've trained myself to habitually disconnect the Lovepedal's input. Now that I've done this, I also have added Keeley's Java Boost and have taken his recommendation to use carbon batteries as well. (They can be found at dollar stores.) The battery life is extended considerably by this newly forged habit, but I've wondered about wiring in a cut-off. Would this abbominate the true-bypass? I'll ask my "invention" threadsters. I've also velcro-ed a screwdriver stem to my board in case I need to change batteries at a gig and can't find a standard screwdriver. The Java uses Phillips heads, so I'll either switch them to match, or switch the Lovepedals to match, and carry just one tool. Why am I going on about this???