Vibrato tone on Chris Cornell 'Euphoria Morning'

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by warioblast, Feb 27, 2012.

1. warioblast

warioblast Member

Does anyone know what pedal they used ? Which ones could get me there ?

2. AXXA

AXXA Supporting Member

The song specifically, or the album in general? Alain Johannes has some excellent technique you may be hearing, but there could certainly be some pedals as well. I'll have to give another listen, which will be great as its been a while!

3. AXXA

AXXA Supporting Member

My bad, I just realized the song is called 'Sweet Euphoria', only the album is called Euphoria Morning:facepalm

Awesome album, it really brings back memories. I'm listening for the vibrato parts now.

4. warioblast

warioblast Member

I don't remember which songs exactly. I listened to the album yesterday, it's been a while too. They recorded some great octavia tones too & really great guitar tones overall.

5. AXXA

AXXA Supporting Member

I just gave the album a listen, man its good! I hear lots of various modulation, like flanger, phaser and tremolo, but all of the vibrato is from the whammy bar/tremolo bar as far as I can tell. I hear it all through the album, but I don't think there is a vibrato pedal at any point. 'Mission' and 'Pillow of Your Bones' both have some pretty cool vibrato, but it sounds quite 'manual' to me.

Do you have any guitars with a whammy bar? If not, a pedal could possibly be used to get similar sounds.

6. Guitarbrett

Guitarbrett Supporting Member

IIRC, there was alot of Line 6 modeling used on that album.