Vibroking owners - what cable do you use and why?

zzzezums

Gold Supporting Member
I use either Evidence Audio Lyric HG or Two Rock Crystal Clear. I'm starting to think that my tone emphasizes a little too much upper mids (slightly too bright). Any suggestions?

coolhand78

you could try canare cable with switchcraft or neutrik ends... there supposed to be a little 'darker', they don't let thru as much high end as say george l's...

wgs1230

Fully Intonatable
Silver Supporting Member
I use either Evidence Audio Lyric HG or Two Rock Crystal Clear. I'm starting to think that my tone emphasizes a little too much upper mids (slightly too bright). Any suggestions?

To answer with a question: why do you believe that's a product of the cable instead of, say, your pickups or the VK's speakers?

zzzezums

Gold Supporting Member
My tone was less bright before I invested in these "high end" cables; everything else has stayed the same. The amp was made to shine in the mids/upper mids and that's why I love it, but since using the new cables it sounds a bit too bright to my ears. I was just asking VK owners what they used and how it affected their tone. Thanks for your response coolhand.

wgs1230

Fully Intonatable
Silver Supporting Member
Fair enough. I asked b/c it seems there are lots of VKs out there which could use either new power tubes & a proper bias job, or at least one new speaker after years of wear on the stock alnico repros. Agreed, btw, that it's a midrange monster.

I've plugged in with the Evidence HG cable once, don't know a thing about the Two Rock, but I've been satisfied with the Mogami Gold for the past couple of years.

zzzezums

Gold Supporting Member
I agree with your point wgs - I've replaced all 3 speakers with Fane Alnico 10, Weber 10A150 and Weber 10F150T (great combination btw), added NOS tubes and rebias after every power tube change. Thanks for suggesting mogami.

C

clamdip7714

To be honest that sounds like a Vibro King to me. I owned one for almost 10 years and they are bright buggers. You maybe able to tame it with speakers or tubes.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom