Vibroking

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by 6120, Dec 15, 2005.

1. 6120

6120 Member

I just got a 93(?) Vibroking with what looks like eminence blueframe speakers. I like the amp very much . I also got the extension cabinet with 2x12 celestions. I am thinking about replacing the 3x10's(eminence) in the amp. I was thinking about celestion vintage 10's, Jensen p10r's or am open to suggestions. Are the celetions chinese or british? Are jensens made in American. I am looking for a little more depth, fatness, while retaining the sensitivity and cut of the existing speakers. Does anyone have any experience with fitting a celestion into the upper speaker position. I am wondering if it will fit. thanks

2. Third Stone

Third Stone Member

....if you decide to sell the blueframes please PM me. Thanks!

3. pfrischmann

pfrischmann Member

Try Weber's
    If you like the super chime in the vibroking, the blue frames are cool but they can be very bright. Webers replacement Jensens sound really great in that amp. I'd do one ceramic and two alnico....

4. mcdyas

mcdyas Supporting Member

Take a close look at the clearance between the amp components (transformer, etc) and the back of the top speaker. The new VK's do not have enough clearance to fit a Vintage 10 in there considering the size of the magnet versus the P10r.

5. 6120

6120 Member

Anyone have any thoughts on the new Jensens? Celestions vintage 10's ? thanks

6. davebc

davebc Member

I can't imagine swapping out the blue frames in my VK. It's just all there, the chime, sizzle, creamy distortion, harmonic bloom. They sound perfectly voiced for this rig. Have you tried experimenting w/ nos tubes in your VK?
    In mine it made a killer amp even better.

7. jpage

jpage Silver Supporting Member

+10000

8. µ¿ z3®ø™

µ¿ z3®ø™ Member

yup.
    if U really, really, REALLY need to swap speakers the first (and probably only) i'd consider is the kendrick blackframes. they don't have very many of them there 10" paper cones left and when they're gone. they're really gone.
    but it's beyond me to think that anyone would wanna swap out the speakers in the VK.
    i'd go w/ the suggestion of playing w/ tubes first.

9. oxtone

oxtone Member

I saw Scott Henderson live in town last year, and he was using the Kendrick Black Frame 10's in his two Bogner 4x10 bottoms. He had GREAT TONE with his CAE OD-100 head (and a rack filled with pedals)!!!!

He really likes the Kendrick 10's!

10. Topcat

Topcat Member

I have a buddy that has the Kendrick's in his VK. It really sounds great with those. I've also heard a Kendrick 10 in a blackface princeton and I felt it 'smoked' the tone of the original Jensen.

Good Luck, Terry

11. Roe

Roe Member

3 weber 10a125s

12. Jeff Flowerday

Jeff Flowerday Member

The Eminence Blue Frames are great speakers, I wouldn't swap them.