Vibrolux value..?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by joejazzguitar, Mar 28, 2008.

1. joejazzguitar

joejazzguitar Silver Supporting Member

Anybody know what a '73 Vibrolux that's in decent shape, has been blackfaced and has a pair of JBL's is currently selling for?

joe

2. stratzrus

stratzrus Philadelphia Jazz, Funk, and R&B Supporting Member

IMO a modded silverface can't be given a fixed value because it's unclear exactly what was done to it and by whom. It's really a "what the market will bring" sort of thing.

If I were confident in the mod it could be anywhere from $600-800 depending on condition (if I were buying it anwyay). There's really no set market price on a modded silverface.

3. DEMENTED

DEMENTED Supporting Member

I'd say closer to 1K, but there are many variables in this case as the previous poster said.

4. FloridaSam

FloridaSam Member

Yeah There's one for sale up the street from me, in excellent original condtion for $1,200.00

I bought one in the classified ads 8 years ago for $75.00 but that's another story.

5. joejazzguitar

joejazzguitar Silver Supporting Member

Thanks guys.... I guess that, if I can get it for around $900 and it has "the sound", I'll go for it...

joe

6. drbob1

drbob1 Silver Supporting Member

Depends a little on which JBLs. The alnicos are worth a lot more than the ceramics, and for those earlier better than later (so D110s or K110s better than E110s better than 2211). As for the "BF" if you can take an amp guru to look at it, that'd help. Sometimes they've been butchered and sometimes it's a simple and useful change. I'd still consider it a decent deal at $900, killer if it's a bit less...