• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Victoria 20112 incoming, what to expect?

DEMENTED

Silver Supporting Member
I have a Vicky coming, need to explore this 5E3 thing myself. What can I expect for cleans, dirty sounds and overall voicing?

Sean French

A lot depends on the speaker and tube compliment.Will be clean with single coils up till around 2 or so on the volume.After that it will be more degrees of crunch and compression as you turn up.Humbuckers won't allow for much clean headroom unless it's at it's lowest possible vol.
Plug a Tele or Strat in and it's a match made in heaven.
The 5E3 circuit is rather dark.I seem to always plug into the bright #1 input.
One can also jumper the channels to yeild some cool tones.
Both volmes are somewhat interative even if you don't jumper them.
Enjoy!!!
The Tweed Deluxe is among the greatest tone machines of all time IMO.

mj07

Gold Supporting Member
Yeah, I had two that ran both so I could get a clean at a decent level with hb's. I realized it just was not the amp I needed then. Killer amp, just not me either.

Aslan

I had a Victoria 20112 and loved the tone but the amp can be a little dark and doesn't have much headroom, I made one mod that gave the amp dramatic improvement. I replaced the stock Jensen speaker with a Celestion Century and two things happened, first the clean headroom was enough to make the amp gig ready for a wider range of sounds. Second, the tone was improved with a better balance of highs to lows and the volume of the amp increased 2-3 times due to the increased efficiency of the Century speaker 103 dB vs the Jensen 93 dB. (for every 3 dB increase you double the output of the speaker). Try this, you will be impressed, if the Century is to expensive try a Eminence Wizard.

BurstWurst

Indeed, with humbuckers, caution and restraint are required. Awesome results are obtainable, albeit not at the volume levels necessary for shows (un-mic'd). I replaced the C12k that mine came with and weber 12a125 (P12R equiv) and the result was considerably less volume. But an improvement in tone. I've played original tweed amps forever, and can confirm that the deluxe is a bit of a different animal than most tweeds. For my group (guitar, B3, bass, drums) it's working out nicely. BTW, I am telecasters all the way.

DEMENTED

Silver Supporting Member
This is a new one and came with an Eminence Legend, I swapped a few different speakers in it and came up with mixed results. I really don't think it an amp I can use. I'm a Marshally type I uess.

sdgvintage

you should try a weber 12a125a or a jensen p12n.
The eminence legend is the wrong speaker for that amp and it weighs a ton too.

es137p

Silver Supporting Member
I have a Victoria trem de la trem, which is like a deluxe, but with amazing tremolo, a 15" speaker, and a bigger cabinet, really cool amp. I think its actually a 5e9a circuit.

Rick360

Howdy,

DEMENTED: Have you experimented with different rectifier tubes and preamp tubes? A NOS 7025 might add a little extra clarity..good luck.

Rick360

Trending Topics