1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Victoria 20112-T

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Joe M, Aug 15, 2008.

1. Joe M

Joe M Member

Title says it all...anybody seen one of these with the "T" designation?
    What's it mean?
    Thanks...

2. Sean French

Sean French Supporting Member

It's a 20 watt instead of 14.
    Mine is a T as well.

3. Joe M

Joe M Member

Thanks Sean, any other differences?? The one in question has an Eminence Legend speaker; is that stock or has it been swapped out? Is there a price difference between the 14 watt and 20 watt?

4. Sean French

They come stock with a Jensen P12Q.
    Don't know of any other differences between the two.

5. es137p

es137p Member

its proper name is the 20112T, everybody call it a 20112. The T stands for tweed. It actually is about 14 watts. I dont quite know why he calls it the 20. Just like the 35115, 35210 and 35310 are all about 28 watts. And they should all have a T behind the numbers. Just one kind of 20112, and its great.
    I believe Mark will put in a Jensen or a Eminence, whichever you prefer. Eminence will be a little darker and have more headroom. Can you tell I've owned a few Victorias?, Bill

6. Teleking

Teleking Supporting Member

I have a 20112 with a Jensen CN12. Mark told me he preferred the CN12, and I was really pleased with the amp. I've owned it 7-8 years, and it's the only amp I've ever kept besides my 66 Super Reverb. I now have a few Voxes I'm certain I'll keep as well.

Not much clean headroom, but a truly great overdriven sound. It's just one sound pretty much, but it's a great sound.

7. Joe M

Joe M Member

Thanks for the additional info guys; I talked with Mark via email about the amp. I was concerned about some of the cosmetic changes, like a different logo and some funky things on the tube chart. He was a great guy and cleared everything up for me. He did tell me that any speaker could be put in the amp and that the one in question probably was a special order. Bought the amp, which was on consignment in a local shop, and am very happy with it. I haven't had a chance to A/B it with my Fender 57 Deluxe RI, but it sure seems to be much louder than I can remember the Fender being. Oh, and Mark did tell me that the "T" stood for tweed, not any different wattage.

8. Sean French

I too asked Mark about the diff between the T and non T.
    Both are the same amp he said.What confused me is that some sites like Wildwood had the 20112 listed as a 20 watt.
    The Vicky site says the 20112 is a 14 watt.
    Thus the confusion.

Enjoy you Vicky.I luv mine.
    I'm using all 50's RCA glass along with a P12N speaker.
    Since I like more clean headroom and a slightly less compressed sound I use RCA 12AY7 in V1 and V2.I use a Zendrive for the OD tones.
    Tele heaven.:bow

9. Joe M

Joe M Member

Easy to understand the confusion, Sean. Mine sounds great with the tube selections....TungSol power tubes, a Mullard 12ax7 in V2 and a Groove Tubes 12ay7 in V1. I'm not much of a tinkerer and since I like the sound of the amp, I'll probably leave it as it is. Nothing but teles through mine also.

10. pedalcr8z

pedalcr8z Supporting Member

It's not Wildwoods error, it's Marks. Some of the 20112's actually say "20 watts" on the tube chart. I asked Mark about it once a few years ago and I believe if I'm not mistaken he wasn't even aware of it.