Victoria 50212 thoughts

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by FAC, Dec 16, 2009.

1. FAC

FAC Member

Hi Folks,

I might have a chance to pick up a used Victoria 50212. I have not played it yet. I have no experience with the low powered tweed twin-like amps (in terms of tweedy amps, I used to own a Victoria 20112, which I really liked, and I have played the Blankenship FATboy supreme with sour cream, which I also really liked and is "in the running").

I did some searches, but there are not that many threads dedicated to the 50212.

I would primarily use it for cleanish sounds. How might it compare to a Vibro-King or the FATboy (speaker configurations aside...I know the twin has 2x12, the FATboy 1x15, and the Vibro-King 3x10)?

Thanks!

FAC

2. katuna

katuna Silver Supporting Member

Don't know anything about the Fatboy. The Vicky should have much more headroom than the Vibro King. Vibro Kings are loud, but they break up early to my ears. Low Power twins are loud but don't break up that fast. I like them. I rocked with one for awhile. It was pretty loud and present; a great amp.

3. Shinequwa

Shinequwa Member

I wish I still had mine. KILLER amp. Very light. Takes pedals great. That, and my Super Champ are my amp selling regrets.

4. samuelson

samuelson Member

I have the fat boy and it's the best sounding fender style amp I have ever heard. the 15 inch speaker gives it a great low end. every time I take it to a gig people come up and comment on my great sound (the amp that is, not the playing). Victoria is a great company too so this is a win-win for you.

5. FAC

FAC Member

Thanks for the input so far. How would you specifically describe the clean sound of the low powered twin, versus say the tweed deluxe or a Fender blackface? Harmonically rich or one dimensional, etc... subjective terms, I know...I already know the FATboy is harmonically rich.

6. FAC

FAC Member

Any additional thoughts?

Thanks!

7. es137p

es137p Supporting Member

used to have a 50212, very nice amp, great for cleanish sounds. Has the tweed thickness and depth, without the Fender ice picks. And there is no mush in the low end. It is loud though.