Victoria Amps Question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Sweetwood, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Sweetwood

Sweetwood Member

A while back I played a 2x12 at Westwood Music in LA. I thought that amp was amazing. It was brown tolex look and had controls like a regal...brown face plate with the creme colored writing. I'm pretty sure it had 2 6L6's. That amp was sick and I'm trying to figure out which model it was. It was the tone in my head for a lot of stuff. It wasn't super clean and had the most beautiful breakup. It was greasy without being loose - maintained punch and clarity. Help me out. (as a side note, if you have this amp, contact me and I'll trade you out a bitchin' guitar).

2. Flyin' Brian

Flyin' Brian Member

If you can't find it here it didn't exist. Probably a Victorilux with a 2x12 option.

http://www.victoriaamplifier.com/

3. mad dog

mad dog Silver Supporting Member

Sounds like a Victorilux. The one I greatly appreciated was 1x15.
    MD

4. pjrhd28

pjrhd28 Silver Supporting Member

Did it have reverb and trem? If it did, it's most likely the Victorilux, which is indeed a killer amp. There are a couple of 1 x 15's on ebay right now.

5. DuncanNZ

DuncanNZ Member

And why are you thinking it was not a Regal? Controls like one, with 15"... sounds like one right? Regal has verb and trem. It can run 6L6 as well as other tubes and may have been configured that way? I have one and love it. And it has non standard tolex covering.

6. vmjoe

vmjoe Member

Forgive me if I forgive misunerstand your response, but the op said it was a 2x12. It would have been a special order if it wasn't a 1x15.

7. Sweetwood

Sweetwood Member

I'm also thinking it was either the Regal or Victorilux. Thanks guys.